Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My rant on OKC and life in general-please read

OK guys, I had to get this off my chest. I have some probs. with OKC and other things that I need to get out there.

I feel that it is my duty to hammer out solutions on the anvil of discourse. Let me begin by citing a range of examples from the public sphere. For starters, I don't know if OKC is consciously and purposely evil or merely picayunish. I do know, however, that it is typical of litigious conscienceless-types in its wild invocations to the irrational, the magic, and the fantastic to dramatize its ramblings.

And, more important, OKC wants to prohibit any discussion of her attempts to cause one-sided theories to be entered into historical fact. While it is clear why it wants that to be a taboo subject, we must work together in an atmosphere of friendship and hope. Those who claim otherwise do so only to justify their own impractical mottos. For all intents and purposes, in asserting that anyone who resists it deserves to be crushed, OKC demonstrates an astounding narrowness of vision. Yes, OKC may be nothing more than a disposable tool of power-wielding, iconoclastic smear merchants but its most steadfast claim is that the existence and perpetuation of corporatism is its own moral justification. If there were any semblance of truth in this, I would be the last to say anything against it. As it stands, however, sometime in the future OKC will redefine unbridled self-indulgence as a virtue, as the ultimate test of personal freedom. Fortunately, that hasn't happened...yet. But it will undoubtedly happen if we don't confront and reject all manifestations of exclusionism.

OKC talks loudly about family values and personal responsibility but when it comes to backing up those words with actions, all it does is level filth and slime at everyone opposed to its put-downs. If OKC were to get its hands on the levers of power it'd immediately attack the fabric of this nation. If you don't believe me then consider that I want to thank it for its undertakings. They give me an excellent opportunity to illustrate just how goofy OKC can be. OKC parrots whatever ideas are fashionable at the moment. When the fashions change, its ideas will change instantly like a weathercock.

As I noted at the beginning of this letter, OKC hates it when you say that its fairy tales reflect an era in which cultures or attitudes different from one's own were dealt with through violence and mistrust. It really hates it when you say that. Try saying that to it sometime if you have a thick skin and don't mind having it shriek insults at you. On the other hand, I frequently wish to tell OKC that it goes ballistic every time I so much as hint that its mandarin prose has always appealed to nettlesome killjoys. But being a generally genteel person, however, I always bite my tongue.

OKC is too cranky to read the writing on the wall. This writing warns that it is currently limited to shrieking and spitting when it's confronted with inconvenient facts. By next weekend, however, OKC is likely to switch to some sort of "infiltrate and then dominate and control the mass media" approach to draw our attention away from such facts. Here's some news for people who are surprised by sunrise: OKC's goons work behind the scenes to toss sops to the egos of the dotty. OKC is like a broken record, using the same tired cliches about family and education and safer streets, yet we must understand that I hope that this sends a strong message to people across the nation that its flimflams are a vehicle for the expression of prejudice, ignorance, and enmity about people who are different from it. And we must formulate that understanding into as clear and cogent a message as possible. You shouldn't let yourself be flummoxed by OKC's fast talk and air of self-confidence. Yet the media consistently ignores, downplays, or marginalizes this fact. Lastly, for those who read this letter, I hope you take it to heart and pass this message on to others.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I actually understand the premise, which is, in summation, a complaint about the mentality of OKC as a community, one that attacks those that doesn't cater to its so-called notion of self-indulgence at all costs. To offer negative criticism to the locals is to risk having your head cut off. It's a notion that many in OKC, and I suppose those who are in a position of authority and/or influence, have become insular and single-minded, trying to push the notion of commerce and material wealth to such a degree that it is willfully ignoring the greater needs of the community--problems that would supposedly best dealth with by sweeping them under the rug.

Of course, I could be wrong. Cajundude might just be drunk. ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, but I act like it. You expect me to read all of that OP? :nuts: I ought to slap you for making a post that long. :bash: :rant:
I wanted to respond to Mr. Gman earlier, but I was so busy, I simply did not have the time. Nevertheless, what I need to say is so important, I knew I simply had to allocate a few minutes to write a brief letter on the subject. But first, let me pose you a question: Is Gman actually concerned about any of us or does he just want to make excessive use of foul language? After reading this letter, you'll certainly find it's the latter.

Gman must have some sort of problem with reading comprehension. That's the only explanation I can come up with as to why Gman accuses me of admitting that we can stop antagonism merely by permitting government officials entrée into private homes to search for impolitic, illiterate hucksters. What I actually said is that there are lots of weepy, wimpy flower children out there who are always whining that I'm being too harsh in my criticisms of Gman. I wish such people would wake up and realize that if Gman thinks that the average working-class person can't see through his chicanery then maybe he should lay off the wacky tobacky.

To be honest, Gman's attempts to prepare the ground for an ever-more vicious and brutal campaign of terror are much worse than mere ethnocentrism. They are hurtful, malicious, criminal behavior and deserve nothing less than our collective condemnation. Gman insists that he holds a universal license that allows him to turn us into easy prey for bleeding-heart prigs. Has anyone, at any time, ever been more wrong? We must obviously ask ourselves questions like that before it's too late, before Gman gets the opportunity to get everyone to march in lockstep with his garrulous sympathizers. I close this letter along the same lines it opened on: As far as Mr. Gman's dotty convictions are concerned, I will not capitulate today, tomorrow, or ever.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't understand what you are talking about. You talk about OKC as a whole like you know every person in this city is the same. I for example, except critisism. As long as its honest and not just stupid bashing.

I really do not comprehend why you would ever post this seeing as your views of this city are apparently reflective of what you've seen on this thread. Do not group Oklahoma City's citizens into a single boat because you don't agree with certain OKC posters or they don't agree with you, even though they may spew stupid facts or boost the city too much.

I accept your opinion on this but it seems like your making assumptions of the whole population of OKC based on quarrels with other posters on here.

I for one do not "level filth and slime at everyone opposed to OKC's put-downs". Thats just immature of a person to do that, even though I think I know whom your talking about. But to think OKC as whole is like that is equally immature and very ignorant.

Why would you ever put down a whole entire city that doesn't have a clue what you are talking about? Why would you pass this letter on, to spread animosity of Oklahoma City? For everyone to think me and fellow innocent citizens are evil people that spew propoganda? Thats hurtful. I just do not understand this AT ALL. OKC citizens are the same citizens as any where else. We may be poorer, perhaps less smarter, different color skins. But we are not different than the citizens of other cities... We have our majority nice and respectful people that do value responsibility and family values, I know my family and friends do, and then we have our OKC Goons that give off a bad impression of our city and sadly, I think we have some of those "goons" on here giving a bad impression of the city.

Also. Last time I checked, ALL cities spew meaningless crap to try and lure interest in their respectful city. What should cities do? Roll over and hope that companies just decided to locate here? Its all a game, a game that all the cities are competing in. We all compete to get things a city needs. I'm sorry you see it that way, but its your opinion, but I don't think you should pass this letter on just to deter people away from OKC for no valid reason.

Oh and to Supersonic. He has the right to post as long of a thread as he wants. This is, like you said, a forum. *so annoying*

P.S. I really had a hard time reading your post. =P Too many big words for me! Haha. J/K

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Nope. He just replaced OKC with the name of someone else in an article he found on in a scholarly journal. Oldest trick in the book.

He's not even the first one to do it with OKC on this forum. Hell I do it a lot.

The first time I did was in high school and I was breaking up with my high school girlfriend. I found an article written by Cicero about how much he hated the guts of Vespucian, and I just replaced the name Vespucian with Tiffany and sent it to her.

It would have been nice if he'd given credit though to whoever's eloquent words he stole.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I don't understand what you are talking about. You talk about OKC as a whole like you know every person in this city is the same. I for example, except critisism. As long as its honest and not just stupid bashing.

I really do not comprehend why you would ever post this seeing as your views of this city are apparently reflective of what you've seen on this thread. Do not group Oklahoma City's citizens into a single boat because you don't agree with certain OKC posters or they don't agree with you, even though they may spew stupid facts or boost the city too much.

I accept your opinion on this but it seems like your making assumptions of the whole population of OKC based on quarrels with other posters on here.

I for one do not "level filth and slime at everyone opposed to OKC's put-downs". Thats just immature of a person to do that, even though I think I know whom your talking about. But to think OKC as whole is like that is equally immature and very ignorant.

Why would you ever put down a whole entire city that doesn't have a clue what you are talking about? Why would you pass this letter on, to spread animosity of Oklahoma City? For everyone to think me and fellow innocent citizens are evil people that spew propoganda? Thats hurtful. I just do not understand this AT ALL. OKC citizens are the same citizens as any where else. We may be poorer, perhaps less smarter, different color skins. But we are not different than the citizens of other cities... We have our majority nice and respectful people that do value responsibility and family values, I know my family and friends do, and then we have our OKC Goons that give off a bad impression of our city and sadly, I think we have some of those "goons" on here giving a bad impression of the city.

Also. Last time I checked, ALL cities spew meaningless crap to try and lure interest in their respectful city. What should cities do? Roll over and hope that companies just decided to locate here? Its all a game, a game that all the cities are competing in. We all compete to get things a city needs. I'm sorry you see it that way, but its your opinion, but I don't think you should pass this letter on just to deter people away from OKC for no valid reason.

Oh and to Supersonic. He has the right to post as long of a thread as he wants. This is, like you said, a forum. *so annoying*

P.S. I really had a hard time reading your post. =P Too many big words for me! Haha. J/K
Copy and paste for the win.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I am so embarassed.... *not retarded

I've actually known this for a while now. I was informed right after I posted that long, and now meaningless reply. =P

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
So, have any of you (outside of OKC) lived in or been in for a long period of time to talk about and describe it in your ways? Because to me, it sounds like you're just going off on things that have gone on and have been said on this forum. You can't assume crap like that if you don't even know the city.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
It's not. I'm still trying to find who's vocabulary it was, whomever the vocabulary belongs to, I think they need proper credit in this thread, and I'm working diligently to get them the credit they deserve for being plagiarized by Cajundude.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
It's not. I'm still trying to find who's vocabulary it was, whomever the vocabulary belongs to, I think they need proper credit in this thread, and I'm working diligently to get them the credit they deserve for being plagiarized by Cajundude.
You really think he did?

OK guys, I had to get this off my chest. I have some probs. with OKC and other things that I need to get out there.

I feel that it is my duty to hammer out solutions on the anvil of discourse. Let me begin by citing a range of examples from the public sphere. For starters, I don't know if OKC is consciously and purposely evil or merely picayunish. I do know, however, that it is typical of litigious conscienceless-types in its wild invocations to the irrational, the magic, and the fantastic to dramatize its ramblings.

And, more important, OKC wants to prohibit any discussion of her attempts to cause one-sided theories to be entered into historical fact. While it is clear why it wants that to be a taboo subject, we must work together in an atmosphere of friendship and hope. Those who claim otherwise do so only to justify their own impractical mottos. For all intents and purposes, in asserting that anyone who resists it deserves to be crushed, OKC demonstrates an astounding narrowness of vision. Yes, OKC may be nothing more than a disposable tool of power-wielding, iconoclastic smear merchants but its most steadfast claim is that the existence and perpetuation of corporatism is its own moral justification. If there were any semblance of truth in this, I would be the last to say anything against it. As it stands, however, sometime in the future OKC will redefine unbridled self-indulgence as a virtue, as the ultimate test of personal freedom. Fortunately, that hasn't happened...yet. But it will undoubtedly happen if we don't confront and reject all manifestations of exclusionism.

OKC talks loudly about family values and personal responsibility but when it comes to backing up those words with actions, all it does is level filth and slime at everyone opposed to its put-downs. If OKC were to get its hands on the levers of power it'd immediately attack the fabric of this nation. If you don't believe me then consider that I want to thank it for its undertakings. They give me an excellent opportunity to illustrate just how goofy OKC can be. OKC parrots whatever ideas are fashionable at the moment. When the fashions change, its ideas will change instantly like a weathercock.

As I noted at the beginning of this letter, OKC hates it when you say that its fairy tales reflect an era in which cultures or attitudes different from one's own were dealt with through violence and mistrust. It really hates it when you say that. Try saying that to it sometime if you have a thick skin and don't mind having it shriek insults at you. On the other hand, I frequently wish to tell OKC that it goes ballistic every time I so much as hint that its mandarin prose has always appealed to nettlesome killjoys. But being a generally genteel person, however, I always bite my tongue.

OKC is too cranky to read the writing on the wall. This writing warns that it is currently limited to shrieking and spitting when it's confronted with inconvenient facts. By next weekend, however, OKC is likely to switch to some sort of "infiltrate and then dominate and control the mass media" approach to draw our attention away from such facts. Here's some news for people who are surprised by sunrise: OKC's goons work behind the scenes to toss sops to the egos of the dotty. OKC is like a broken record, using the same tired cliches about family and education and safer streets, yet we must understand that I hope that this sends a strong message to people across the nation that its flimflams are a vehicle for the expression of prejudice, ignorance, and enmity about people who are different from it. And we must formulate that understanding into as clear and cogent a message as possible. You shouldn't let yourself be flummoxed by OKC's fast talk and air of self-confidence. Yet the media consistently ignores, downplays, or marginalizes this fact. Lastly, for those who read this letter, I hope you take it to heart and pass this message on to others.
I think so. He has a big space between his first sentence, and the start of the rant. That only happens when you paste something.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.