Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not that Odessa, Texas has that great of a skyline to begin with, but the 10 story Professional Tower is being torn down by the hospital, probably to build a parking lot.

·
Daddyrabbit
258 Posts
I would try and find out why it is being torn down. Maybe it is being replaced with a 20 floor. I don't think they would tear down one of the tallest to make it a parking lot.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
If this building gets replaced by an "out of place" low-rise, or a parking lot, I would scream... if I were you. However, try to find out more about any future plans. Take eastwestrob's advice ;)

·
King of the Queen
2,164 Posts
that building looks rather cool in that condition.
also, i love buildlings like that with the top looking alllll glass all around. its sweet.

·
Registered
754 Posts
It's Odessa, so trust me when I say NOTHING tall is going to replace it.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
i gotta agree with style. towers that look like this one/this size (and are probably the same age) are getting torn down all over the place...Columbia, Raleigh, Miami, Odessa...looks like this one also has a horribly inefficient floor plan like the rest.

-

·
Brooklyn Real Estater
182 Posts
Replacing that building with a parking lot? Sad.
Why don't they just rave the entire downtown and pave it over, just for the hospital. While they are at it, build a massive Wal-Mart and Mcdonald's.

woohoo! Lots of wise decision-making goin' on...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jjbradleynyc said:
Replacing that building with a parking lot? Sad.
Why don't they just rave the entire downtown and pave it over, just for the hospital. While they are at it, build a massive Wal-Mart and Mcdonald's.

woohoo! Lots of wise decision-making goin' on...

Oh, that's probably coming. The hospital bought a nearby car dealership and leveled several of the buildings, except for the main showroom. They are currently parking lots. It's not like they didn't have two 25% empty garages already.

If you are ever out this way and need medical attention, do NOT go to Medical Center Hospital. Go to Odessa Regional Hospital or Alliance Hospital. I am getting NO MCH tattooed on my chest just in case I am in a car accident and found unconscious. :)

The hospital kicked out the local food vendors and went with Starbucks and Subway. They build office space for private doctors and charge less than market rent, hurting other commercial property owners. They bill certain expenses for these doctors back into the general hospital operating budget, so it is paid for by taxpayers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts