SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone.. This is my first posting here. I am from the Cincinnati area and love to look at Skyline & Skyscaper photos from US cities. Recently my son and I took a trip to St. Louis for the Reds / Cardinals baseball game and took these photos. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed some of the other photos in these forums.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
harkerb said:
Is there a lift/elevator in the Arch?
Last time I went there in late 1990's there was, and I think still today...

the elavator is not like ordinary ones, it goes on an angle...

I remember looking at the Mississippi River from up there...

I like the STL... pics...

·
Live from red brick mama
368 Posts
harkerb said:
Is there a lift/elevator in the Arch?
Yes, there are cramped, egg-shaped elevators that take visitors to the top. It's very space-age and clausterphobic.

I sure hope you saw more than the southern side of downtown-- that's probably the least impressive part of the city!

·
Registered
109 Posts
St. Louis has a very modern downtown considering it's such an old city. It appears that most of the skyline is less than 30 years old.

·
The Jive is Alive.
1,537 Posts
pjm1970 said:
St. Louis has a very modern downtown considering it's such an old city. It appears that most of the skyline is less than 30 years old.
^Don't be fooled. The tallest buildings are relatively modern, but the vast majority of downtown St. Louis is old as ****.

·
Registered
56 Posts
JivecitySTL said:
^Don't be fooled. The tallest buildings are relatively modern, but the vast majority of downtown St. Louis is old as ****.
:D

Really hoping the Bottledistrict and Ballpark village produce some tall skyscrapers, I am.

·
Registered
299 Posts
JivecitySTL said:
Ya know Jive, I've seen tons and tons of pics of downtown STL...and I've NEVER seen one that shows how all four of the tallest structures in DT STL are less than 80 feet apart in height, yet it doesn't look that way at all, unless you are in certain parts of the city...They look quite similar because of the east-west alignment of downtown.

I know you aren't all about height, but nice find!! I've never seen this angle and I like it a lot :cheers:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Guy Legend said:
Really hoping the Bottledistrict and Ballpark village produce some tall skyscrapers, I am.
I concur! Can't wait for the tower cranes to finally show up...

and Dougmach, I'm glad you had a good time in STL, as much as I loved Busch II and had tons of memories there, I really love Busch IIII and the way it has already grown on me - only been there for 12 games so far, but I love it! I was so pissed at the Cards for letting the Reds sweep us..I think Izzy wants to give me a heart attack...good luck to a great NLC race!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts