SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
LIBERTINED
46,541 Posts
Some awesome looking stuff Pansori! I'm looking forward to further impressions of your trip :)

Which place did you like best? And is there a special reason for you to visit Frankfurt, Wiesbaden, Köln, Düsseldorf, Koblenz and Trier?

·
planquadrat
10,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some awesome looking stuff Pansori! I'm looking forward to further impressions of your trip :)

Which place did you like best? And is there a special reason for you to visit Frankfurt, Wiesbaden, Köln, Düsseldorf, Koblenz and Trier?
Thanks, Erbse. No there wasn't any specific reason to visit any of those cities. Just a choice of cheap flight from London and high concentration of attractions in a relatively compact area easily navigable by car which allowed me to see more in 5 days than I could see anywhere else. :)

As about exact spots it was a rather spontaneous choice planned just one day or so in advance. The only sure thing was my hotel in Duesseldorf (Ratingen to be more precise) from where I made all the trips.

As for the favorite spot... it's hard to tell. I loved everything and I was expecting it to be so. One city that really left a good impression was Köln. It somehow felt very nice and cosy as if I had been there before even though I haven't. I was also hoping to see Goettingen but in the end I just ran out of time.

·
planquadrat
10,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
planquadrat
10,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
planquadrat
10,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
planquadrat
10,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
planquadrat
10,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wiesbaden

Continuing with the photos :)

Wiesbaden

Wiesbaden - a very beautiful city near Frankfurt with population of about 277 000. It's not the best known of German cities but surely is one of the prettiest.

Unfortunately I only had a couple of hours after a busy day in Frankfurt. Still it gives at least a clue what this city is all about. Trust me, it's only a tiny part what's in these few photos which were taken on a rush.

Public bus (MB Citaro)

158 by jo.sau, on Flickr

154 by jo.sau, on Flickr

Old town

165 by jo.sau, on Flickr

164 by jo.sau, on Flickr

163 by jo.sau, on Flickr

162 by jo.sau, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 92 Posts