SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took these pics at the end of December 2004.
Street scene 1

Street scene 2

Street scene 3

Church where late emperor Haile Selassie lies in peace

Addis Ababa University 1

Addis Ababa University 2

Addis Ababa University 3

Headquarters of the African Union (formerly the Organization of African Unity) 1

Headquarters of the African Union 2

Headquarters of the African Union 3

Headquarters of the African Union 4

Headquarters of the African Union 5

Looking outside from the headquarters of the African Union

Near the city 1

Near the city 2

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
You are to blame said:
great pics, i have always be intrigued by the city as the Bussels of Africa. I will add a few of them to my ongoing african cities tread
why do you call it the brussels of africa?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
There is a better side to Addis Ababa, still unfortunately, you can see the effects of a poor country. Seen a complete documentary about Ethiopia, very nice country especially the landsape.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Bahraini Spirit
There is a better side to Addis Ababa, still unfortunately, you can see the effects of a poor country. Seen a complete documentary about Ethiopia, very nice country especially the landsape.
Yes, there is a better side, including some nice high-rise buildings. Unfortunately on my tour I didn't have the chance to take pics of this side.

·
XPC Fagua chinanuca
6,585 Posts
looks so misterious....i hope to see more of this fascinating country someday.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice pics from You are to blame. They show exactly what the good side of the city is like.
Sorry, I have no more pics of street scenes. One more taken in Addis University:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I, too, have visited Addis Ababa. I was there this January but also had the pleasure to visit more rural areas south of Addis Ababa. I remember I had problems breathing the first couple of days :)

autumnriver - I'm guessing you saw the U/C glass coated high-rise. Very impressive building.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Dysfunctional
I, too, have visited Addis Ababa. I was there this January but also had the pleasure to visit more rural areas south of Addis Ababa. I remember I had problems breathing the first couple of days. autumnriver - I'm guessing you saw the U/C glass coated high-rise. Very impressive building.
What a pity. If I were there a few days later, I could have met you.
True, there I also had problem breathing. On top of the mountain which is at an even higher altitude than the city and where I took pics titled Near the city, this sense was more acute.
Sorry, I didn't notice the glass building you mentioned. If you have any pics of it and of the city, could you post them?
One more pic I took of the AU headquarters:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.