SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took these pics at the end of December 2004.
Street scene 1

Street scene 2

Street scene 3

Church where late emperor Haile Selassie lies in peace

Addis Ababa University 1

Addis Ababa University 2

Addis Ababa University 3

Headquarters of the African Union (formerly the Organization of African Unity) 1

Headquarters of the African Union 2

Headquarters of the African Union 3

Headquarters of the African Union 4

Headquarters of the African Union 5

Looking outside from the headquarters of the African Union

Near the city 1

Near the city 2

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
You are to blame said:
great pics, i have always be intrigued by the city as the Bussels of Africa. I will add a few of them to my ongoing african cities tread
why do you call it the brussels of africa?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
There is a better side to Addis Ababa, still unfortunately, you can see the effects of a poor country. Seen a complete documentary about Ethiopia, very nice country especially the landsape.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Bahraini Spirit
There is a better side to Addis Ababa, still unfortunately, you can see the effects of a poor country. Seen a complete documentary about Ethiopia, very nice country especially the landsape.
Yes, there is a better side, including some nice high-rise buildings. Unfortunately on my tour I didn't have the chance to take pics of this side.

·
XPC Fagua chinanuca
6,584 Posts
looks so misterious....i hope to see more of this fascinating country someday.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
arzaranh said:
why do you call it the brussels of africa?
It's home to many pan african organization including the former Organization of african unity, the African Union and many others.

here are some pics i have of the city

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice pics from You are to blame. They show exactly what the good side of the city is like.
Sorry, I have no more pics of street scenes. One more taken in Addis University:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I, too, have visited Addis Ababa. I was there this January but also had the pleasure to visit more rural areas south of Addis Ababa. I remember I had problems breathing the first couple of days :)

autumnriver - I'm guessing you saw the U/C glass coated high-rise. Very impressive building.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Dysfunctional
I, too, have visited Addis Ababa. I was there this January but also had the pleasure to visit more rural areas south of Addis Ababa. I remember I had problems breathing the first couple of days. autumnriver - I'm guessing you saw the U/C glass coated high-rise. Very impressive building.
What a pity. If I were there a few days later, I could have met you.
True, there I also had problem breathing. On top of the mountain which is at an even higher altitude than the city and where I took pics titled Near the city, this sense was more acute.
Sorry, I didn't notice the glass building you mentioned. If you have any pics of it and of the city, could you post them?
One more pic I took of the AU headquarters:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts