Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and many good friends of me ( 15 people) have decided to make a trip for 10 days in Barcelona in April 2007.For me the city is the best in Europe:very vibrant dynamic and developed city,friendly and warm people,mediterran lifestyle,good spanish cuisine and a cool nightlife :D

I hope you enjoy the pictures :cheers:

Torre Telefónica designed by CALATRAVA for Olympic Games 1992

Olympia Stadion Montjuc

Palau Sant Jordi olympik yüzme havusu

Palau Nacional

Font Màgica A must see highlight in Barceona at night

Sascha,BARIS,Alex

Entrance to Parc Güel

Plaça Reial

Street Scene in LAS RAMBLAS

CRISTOPH COLUMB STATUE

PLACE DE LA CATALUNYA

SAGRADA FAMILLIA

Casa Amtller und Casa Batlló

Palau de la Música Catalana

Casa Milà

Steep Road to Parc Güel

automatic escalator and happy people are greeting :D

VIEW from PARC GÜEL to BARCELONA

Our Girls :D

Mare Magnum Entertainment/Disco and Shopping Center

NIGHTLIFE Michelle,Katharina,Amber

It is dancing time

Baris and ME :D

Beach Life

Drinking Spanish Sangria

Leaving Barcelona :cry:

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Nice pics Okan...:cheers:

·
Banned
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The population in Barcelona is very young and dynamic.It is a 24 hours city.A city which doesn´t sleep with a never ends night life.The streets are full of life.And Barcelona is a VERY GOOD PLANNED CITY.The city is in exellent harmony with old historical and modern buildings.

·
spaghetti polonaise
2,536 Posts
Been there last year for a few days, but unfortunately I was with the wrong "locals" (germans working in BCN) who happened to prefer the wrong nightlife spots (there was nothing going on!). Also the pickpocketing in this city drives me nuts. I was in constant "fear" of being pickpocketed.
In general for some reason the city doesn't appeal to me as I would have expected. Maybe it is just too dense for my taste.

·
Same old me
18 Posts
Hey Okan, looks like you and your mates had a blast in BCN :) Have you been anywhere else in Spain before?

·
Banned
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No Barcelona is my first Spain visit.I only have visited Barcelona and Pineda de Mar (a little coastal city 30 km north of Barcelona)

·
Same old me
18 Posts
You still have a lot to discover in Spain, Okan! go for it! :)

·
¡Viva el metro!
DavoR
38,388 Posts
Nice, but in the first pic, is not "Torre Telefónica" but "Torre de Montjuic"
Both are correct.
:yes:
It is Torre Telefónica in Montjuïc hill, in Europe square. 136 metres high, by Santiago Calatrava.
;)
@Okan:
Very nice photos of my city!!
:eek:kay:

·
spaghetti polonaise
2,536 Posts
:lol: You have choosen the wrong people
I know, but unfortunately my spanish/catalan buddies had no time for nightlife. Still, I expected better of them germans, as they were living in BCN for a couple of years already (often foreigners moving to a city are more knowledgeable about the city's amenities than native ones).

In general I was a bit disappointed by the style of the nightlife. It seems that Bars close at 3 o'clock in the morning, which means you are forced to go into overpriced discothekes. But I prefer to hang out in various bars (which feature a small dancefloor) until I go home (which is usually somewhere between 4 and 7 o'clock).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts