Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Notice the windmills?...Plenty of them in the area....The entire stretch of road in that area was being widened or under construction...

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
downtown shopping district....we arrives in the afternoon....was shut for siesta!...in the evenings bustling with activity and kitschy lights!...

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
The entire stretch of road in that area was being widened or under construction...
NH 7 in the Madurai-Kanyakumari stretch is taken up for widening to 4 lane under NHDP

And monkey1, thanks for the pics. :)

BTW 'Kanyakumari' is not used by locals alone, it is the real name of the place, and is known all over India by that name only, as well as officially too. Cape comorin is the old english name, which I feel was seldom used.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NH 7 in the Madurai-Kanyakumari stretch is taken up for widening to 4 lane under NHDP

And monkey1, thanks for the pics. :)

BTW 'Kanyakumari' is not used by locals alone, it is the real name of the place, and is known all over India by that name only, as well as officially too. Cape comorin is the old english name, which I feel was seldom used.
Thanx for your comment!.We drove from Rameshwaram island to Kanyakumari bypassing Madurai, so wasn't clear of highway name....

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
view of town from Rock Memorial island....
This is the 'Vivekananda Memorial Rock', where Swamy Vivekananda meditated.

And the rock next to it is 'Thiruvalluvar Rock' which has the giant statue of 'Thiruvalluvar'. This statue was unvieled in 2000.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
statue of a famous Tamil poet, by name ThiruValluar!...Pl.correct me if i got the name incorrect!....

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
this is where the Arabian Sea, the Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean meet, supposedly!..no one gave us a clear picture!...including our guide!...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts