Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my pictures of my travel through Egypt, anyone who has been there will know what a amazing place it is and what makes its even more amazing is the Egyptian people and thier humour, they are really are the jokers! Out of all the people the Egyptians are most freindly, cheering and easy to get along people ive ever met. I remember wearing a Egyptian football top and everyone in the shops gave me free stuff and never even charged me because a foreginer was wearing their strip, i didnt even think much of it at the time but they seem to have loved it!!:)

Sunrise over Sinai mountain

Cairo

View from Cairo tower

Luxor

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our Group

Our tour leader he was halaroius and his name is Aladin (yeah thats his real name )

Mohammed Ali Mosque Cairo

Library in Alexandria

·
Toronto and Athens
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
5,529 Posts
These are absolutely PHENOMENAL pictures! Thank you for posting them! I always am amazed at how enormous those pyramids are! When you look at the people beside them, they look like ants!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are absolutely PHENOMENAL pictures! Thank you for posting them! I always am amazed at how enormous those pyramids are! When you look at the people beside them, they look like ants!
Thankyou LEAFS FANATIC your most wellcome :) , and your right they dont even seem that big in these pictures but when you see them in person they are so massive like huge mountains, i couldnt belive when we stepped out the bus how big these pramids really are!!

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Awesome pics indeed -very clear and impressive , and reminded of me many pleasant and fond memoried around Giza five years ago , how time flies ... may revisit Egypt one day !

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
Wow, nice to see something more than the typical pyramid shots. I knew Egypt was beautiful, but it still amazes me looking at the photos! I would love to go there someday.

Thanks!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks your most wellcome, here are some more Pyramid shots. I also went inside one of the smaller ones which are further away from the main site its very tight and hot inside best to do it late in evening when its cooler.

·
99% Angel
689 Posts
These are great pictures! I see that you traveled to Alexandria! I loved it! It had a completely different feel than Cairo! And it was a nice surprise to see as you entered the city how they had Greek and Arabic labeled at the entrance! And the Alexandria library was very impressive! I'm looking forward to revisiting the other parts of Egypt one day!!! Well done again with the photos!!!!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
These are great pictures! I see that you traveled to Alexandria! I loved it! It had a completely different feel than Cairo! And it was a nice surprise to see as you entered the city how they had Greek and Arabic labeled at the entrance! And the Alexandria library was very impressive! I'm looking forward to revisiting the other parts of Egypt one day!!! Well done again with the photos!!!!
Thanks Cherry your most wellcome, and yes Alexandria was amazing, we took the 2 hour train ride from Cairo and it was really very nice by the river front with the arc port harbour and mediterranean sea right infront.

And we actully got into the Alexandria library on a day when it was completly closed so we had it all to our selves if you see in the pictures theres a security guard only the rest of the library is empty. We managed to chat to the security guys and convince them and they were a great bunch we had told them we have traveled from Scotland to see the library and they let us in for pictures and quick look inside!!! I have great memorys of that place. :) Well thats my little story.

·
99% Angel
689 Posts
Thanks Cherry your most wellcome, and yes Alexandria was amazing, we took the 2 hour train ride from Cairo and it was really very nice by the river front with the arc port harbour and mediterranean sea right infront.

And we actully got into the Alexandria library on a day when it was completly closed so we had it all to our selves if you see in the pictures theres a security guard only the rest of the library is empty. We managed to chat to the security guys and they were a great bunch we had told them we have traveled from Scotland to see the library and they let us in for pictures and quick look inside!!! I havea great memorys of that place. :) Well thats my little story.
It's funny that you say that because when we went to the librabry there were a lot of people around but not extremely full (at least not inside) but funny thing is that they wouldn't let my cousin enter the building inside! They let everyone else in but refused to let any children inside! Go figure! Maybe if we had gone on another day? :lol: But the library was indeed very impressive, I have seen world class lirbaries around the world and this was definitely up there!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's funny that you say that because when we went to the librabry there were a lot of people around but not extremely full (at least not inside) but funny thing is that they wouldn't let my cousin enter the building inside! They let everyone else in but refused to let any children inside! Go figure! Maybe if we had gone on another day? :lol: But the library was indeed very impressive, I have seen world class lirbaries around the world and this was definitely up there!
I might be wrong but I think its the largest library in Middleast or Africa for that matter!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks four the tour Asif! Your right Egypt is an amazing country and the people are great too. Did you go to Dahab & Sharm El Sheikh by any chance?:)
Thanks Cartel, and yes I went to Sharm El Sheikh but it was just for one day, we spent alot of time in the Sinai at St Catherines Monestry and climbing mountains we went past Dahab but never visted its meant to be very good place for water sports and diving we did that at Hurguda !!:)

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Great photo tour. Egypt is a must see :cheers:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts