Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
10,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past week I went to Miami for 3 days and then went on a 5 day cruise in the Caribbean. Here are my photos of Miami with a few of Jamaica as a bonus. Some of the first ones are blurry as it was a very rainy and cloudy day on Saturday. Enjoy!

The skyline was breathtaking after 4 hours in a car from Tampa :nuts:

I didn't waste any time I went to South Beach and went on the Duck Boat tour-
Preservation project in Miami Beach

Guy on SoBe with parrots

Buildings in Miami Beach

Very cloudy

View of a condo building from the hotel I stayed at

View from my hotel room

Looking down the beach walk in Bal Harbor

Condos on the beach

The Beach in Bal Harbor

Poor quality shot of Sunny Isles Beach from the Bal Harbor fishing pier

This condo was nealy completed in Bal Harbor

I also spent several hours at Vizcaya and its beautiful grounds-
Front

Waterfalls leading up to the front driveway of Vizcaya

Archway leading in to Vizcaya

Front yard and drivway of Vizcaya

Arches in the garden

The Bay behind Vizcaya

Back of Vizcaya

Leading to Vizcayas dock

View of condos from Vizcaya dock

The grounds to the south of Vizcaya

It may be hard to tell, but this is a maze, I tried to get the angle from as high as possible

Ok, another skyline shot heading back to SoBe

Forested parking garage in SoBe

Art Deco on SoBe

Cruise Ship behind SoBe, juat after a storm hence the emptyness

Construction

Glass tower in Miami Beach

Moving on to Sunny Islse Beach-
Construction

Back to Mimai Beach-
Lincoln Street Mall

Offices on Miami Beach

Alright now to downtown-
The Biscayne Wall

900 Biscayne

Marina Blue

Freedom Tower

Base of Freedom Tower

Downtown

Downtown Skyline

Downtown Skyline from Cruise Ship

Just CBD

Just Brickell

Leaving the Port, some shots of SoBe

Looking North of SoBe from the Cruise ship

Anyone want to slide with the skyline in the background?

After the cruise on my way home, taken today

Biscayne

Bonus: Here are a couple I took of Ocho Rios Jamaica from the cruise ship

I hope you all enjoyed them, sorry about some of them with poor quality.
:banana:

·
10,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was very cloudy all 3 days I was there before the cruise. However, today it was very beautiful and sunny, to bad it was on my home. I had to delete about 2-3 dozen pictures due to not being good quality and/or being to dark and cloudy.

Anyway, I had a great time. I wish I had had the time to venture in to Brickell, but I couldn't. This was only my 2nd time to Miami and the first time was just for a night stay on my way to the Keys. Metro Miami is a beautiful place and I'm glad it is in our state of Florida. :banana:

The only thing I couldn't figure out were the confusing (atleast for me) highway interchanges. How exit ramps seemed to have exit ramps. lol Luckily the car I was in had a great Navigation system.

·
Biscayne Corridor Realtor
930 Posts
fla future pictorial

great pics my favorite is towards the end the miami wall marina, 900, 10M and Marquis) with the arena in the foreground left.

But also appreciate your fresh eye and attention to detail in sobe for example where you highlight specific buildings and made me better appreciate all beauty we have all around.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
What's the building in Miami Beach with the forest/greenery surrounding the parking garage? How come more parking garages in SoFlo don't look like that?

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Great work!

I have to admit I was a little shocked by how some parts of Vizcaya looked. I know it's supposed to appear somewhat "weathered" and older than it really is but there's a LOT of mildew and staining apparent in those outdoor areas. Looks like it needs a little more TLC.

Also, I wish the city could have some kind of ordinance regarding those humongous advertising banners on downtown buildings. Really, really tacky imo.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Thanks FF!
Btw, this reminded me to mention that the Sheraton Bal Harbor will be closing at the end of this month for certain, and they will start construction of the St. Regis. I don't know if they plan to implode the Sheraton or if they are keeping the structure. Also The Regent Bal Harbor will probably open up around the new year. I think when those floors collapsed that added significant delays. Don't know if any of this was mentioned in development news yet.

·
10,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problem on the pictures guys, you all are welcome. :)

And you're correct Aceventura, I stayed at the Sheraton BH and there were advertisemnts all over it for the St. Regis.

Spellbound, the Vizcaya's outside was rather weathered and worn on the outside, however the inside was in nealy perfect shape from what I could tell. I would've taken pics of the inside but they really don't allow it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I love the cutout in Marquis!! I wish 900's cutout was a little easier to read. Is the plastic off of the glass at Marina Blue yet? Cos they still look the same color to me???

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts

Spellbound, the Vizcaya's outside was rather weathered and worn on the outside, however the inside was in nealy perfect shape from what I could tell. I would've taken pics of the inside but they really don't allow it.
Understood. It's probably a good thing they don't encourage too much photography on the inside, even if it hinders GOOD photo hounds like you. It's fragile stuff that needs to be protected.

Some of that exterior, though...jeez. It's not just the fountains, it's the building itself, y'know? HUGE stains running down the side...serious mildew...sloppy maintenance. Never seen Vizcaya looking so shabby (even though I'm grateful to hear the inside is being taken care of).

Anybody know who's responsible for it...is it still Dade Heritage Trust?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi everybody!!! this is my first sign-in and Of course i have 2 visit miami first!!.....BEAUTIFUL CITY!! Bad suroundings, Great Nightlife,Beaches,Sex n much more!! lol

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
No problem on the pictures guys, you all are welcome. :)

And you're correct Aceventura, I stayed at the Sheraton BH and there were advertisemnts all over it for the St. Regis.
Florida Future:) , my friend and Tampa Bay Master:master: ,
fantastic pics of MIAMI and Bal Harbour Beach:applause: ,
Please come back again in 4 and a half years, 2012:righton: , when MET 3 ( the tallest 75 floor , 828 foot, in florida ) will be completed .
along with MET 2 and Infinity 2, Capital 1 and 2, 1450 Brickell glass office tower, Dupont Plaza 60 floor Tower with the Epic Hotel Tower, and all three 60 floor ICON Brickell towers are completed,
The Skyline picture you see now in your pics are only 65 % completed:eek:hno: .
by the end of 2012:rock: ,
You won't regonize the City of MIAMI when all 55 projects are completed.:cheers:

p.s.
MERRY Half a Christmas Everyone !!!, 06-25-07:cheers:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Florida Future:) , my friend and Tampa Bay Master:master: ,
fantastic pics of MIAMI and Bal Harbour Beach:applause: ,
Please come back again in 4 and a half years, 2012:righton: , when MET 3 ( the tallest 75 floor , 828 foot, in florida ) will be completed .
along with MET 2 and Infinity 2, Capital 1 and 2, 1450 Brickell glass office tower, Dupont Plaza 60 floor Tower with the Epic Hotel Tower, and all three 60 floor ICON Brickell towers are completed,
The Skyline picture you see now in your pics are only 65 % completed:eek:hno: .
by the end of 2012:rock: ,
You won't regonize the City of MIAMI when all 55 projects are completed.:cheers:

p.s.
MERRY Half a Christmas Everyone !!!, 06-25-07:cheers:
DON"T forget CASA in the design district Chuck!!

I think everything we get above 15 floors, North of Quantum (Paramount Bay really) is a REAALLY BIG deal. It will make the city look as BIG as it TRULY is, even though not so TALL. I think it is exciting to see many areas of interest...as long as we have the main skyline down there in PW CBD AND BRCKLL

1 - 20 of 40 Posts