Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to several small cities in Ningxia, " China's wild West". I wish I visit there one day again. Camel riding, high speed jeep riding, Yellow river floating.... a lot of fun over desert and yellow river in same place. :cheers:

not suprised at Yellow River just right besides deserts.

Yellow River Pavillion

Pavillion at night

Kids playing basketball at night besides the river.

·
Registered
669 Posts
What I don't like about a lot of the small tourist towns is that they really like to extra artificial "tourist areas" that wasn't part of their heritage or landscape. I can't image these things would be good investments, and likely to be dismantled in a decade or so. Much like the giant ferris wheels and "miniature world" that popped all the place during late 90s and early 2000s. Other than that, pretty cool place.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When did you travel there? How is the weather?
At end of June this year, I visited my relatives over there. weather is kinda cozy at that time. I went there earlier in the morning after drizzy rain, stepping on fine and clean sand.. love that feeling though. To me, it is very exotic I had never been done like this. If you go there, try to avoid hot summer like August, September.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I don't like about a lot of the small tourist towns is that they really like to extra artificial "tourist areas" that wasn't part of their heritage or landscape. I can't image these things would be good investments, and likely to be dismantled in a decade or so. Much like the giant ferris wheels and "miniature world" that popped all the place during late 90s and early 2000s. Other than that, pretty cool place.
Apparently you don't really know of this area. It is not trying to make artificial masterpiece to look glamour. It is one education base by playing these fun activities. It gets reputation owing to the rich achievement made in the project of harnessing the sand. If the project is not successful, the yellow river will be buried by sand now.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Summer Palace--Beijing (July 16, 2014)

I took these pictures by my cellphone, Iphone 5s. quantity is like it is.
Summer Palace--Beijing. 颐和园。人好多。主要爬到佛香阁顶上来了两张。真不知道当年的慈禧太后怎么爬上那么高去烧香的。

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^

我意识到了有轿子的,不过好陡,真坐着跟躺着没两样。

出了颐和园,和朋友来这家PIZZA 店 called Tube Station,据说最大的pizza在北京。手哪能比的过? 好正宗。

1 - 10 of 10 Posts