Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took these pics in December 2003.
Karachi 1

Karachi 2

Karachi 3

Islamabad 1

Islamabad 2

Islamabad 3

Near Islamabad. Painstakingly decorated vehicles can be seen everywhere in the country.

Near Kashmir 1

Near Kashmir 2

Taxila, on UNESCO's world heritage list, 1

Taxila 2

Taxila 3

Taxila 4

·
London is London
6,158 Posts
yes those trucks are really cool, its like art on wheels.

you can only find these in small cities in pakistan now, the big cities are now using chianese trucks.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
In Pakistan the drive is right hand steering, like in the UK.

Btw, autumnriver, how was your trip to Pakistan ? There have been noticable changes since 2003. :D

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Originally posted by Sultan
In Pakistan the drive is right hand steering, like in the UK.
Btw, autumnriver, how was your trip to Pakistan ? There have been noticable changes since 2003.
My impression:
First of all, friendly people. Second, the green, quiet and well-planned Islamabad. Third, nice scenery near Kashmir. Fourth, brilliant history. And fifth, ... well, the big, crowded Karachi, where you say you're from, and where I think there's still room for further development. There are of course many nice places, including groups of highrises in Karachi, which I saw but didn't have the chance to make a stop for taking pics. Anyway, I think, as you say it, there must have been changes since I left there.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
Thanks for kind words autum. Did you take more pictures ? or are those all the images ? :(

Btw, another question. Do you think Pakistan is different from what the Western media projects ?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aha, I have some more pics, but I'm on them.
I think the country is in nature a mild and peace-loving one, where you can hardly find "extreme" people and thoughts.

·
Adm!n!strator
907 Posts
autumnriver said:
I think the country is in nature a mild and peace-loving one, where you can hardly find "extreme" people and thoughts.
Thanks...These are some kind words to hear from a foreigner, it is a reality that Pakistanis are very peace loving and hospitable people but sadly we have a very negative perception.

autumnriver, you have missed one big thing in Pakistan and that's Lahore. It is a very colourful city with something colourful going all the time. Next time, don't forget to give it a visit. :D

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Spido
autumnriver, you have missed one big thing in Pakistan and that's Lahore. It is a very colourful city with something colourful going all the time. Next time, don't forget to give it a visit.
Yes, Lahore is a must-see, because there you see real culture, and of course the Pak-Indian border. Hope to be there next time, if there is.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
There are many of these nice colourful trucks, just watch a documentary about Pakistan and most likely they'll show you one.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
I've heard from a friend that they have that truck on display at the museum in Montreal. Its a lot of man hours put into painting that truck. Looks beautiful.

Do share the other pictures that you have. :)

·
London is London
6,158 Posts
hey you missed my home town lahore.

btw, you can hire that truck out in london now for a wedding or any special occasion. imagine going init to your wedding. lol

·
Nocturnal...!!!!
4,949 Posts
pakboy said:

you can only find these in small cities in pakistan now, the big cities are now using chianese trucks.
i have seen these type of trucks in cities like Lahore and Islamabad...

·
Nocturnal...!!!!
4,949 Posts
pakboy said:

i have seen these type of trucks in cities like Lahore and Islamabad...

·
Banned
618 Posts
yes there all over india and the sub continent.

but pakistan has given most of theres to afganistan. there are still many used to transport goods.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts