Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys!!! I was in Riga recently and I'd like to show you some photos I made during that trip. My friend had to take about 20 boxes of paint in Riga(I don't know why we had to go so far to get paint:)The weather was really not so good, but I was happy to see this LV capital again ;)
so here we go with some photos:

We just crossed the Lithuanian-Latvian border:

this view is already exotic ;)

we had to look at the map, because we haven't our own..

Riga at last

a guy with strange haircut tried to overtake us:)

TV tower:

very well known view for Lithuanians :)

we reached the city:

this is me posing near the bridge(don't know it's name though)

My personal driver Darius:) we stoped near the bus station here I think..

I liked this city clock:

some oldtown fragments:

so many people in such terrible weather..

awesome building isn't it?;)

a little bit closer..

Let's go back home! :)

That's all I wanted to show you folks ;)

·
Laurijs
599 Posts
Cool pics zippo21 !!! :)

Glad u came to Riga but sad, that in so bad weather (17.05 was so terribly rainy day but i was working all day)

Brigde is called simply: Railway bridge! "Dzelzcela Tilts"

Near Central Railway station (where was so many people) always is like that - special from Monday to Friday aprox. between 15:00 and 21:00 =)

That's we are - so busy city :)

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Zippo!!!! :)

You went all the way over to Riga just to get some paint???

Well, let me tell you, I'm awfully glad you did! :eek:kay:

You give a brief but very interesting travelogue. First, you show us the "Riga" sign that Gatis depicted here long ago. I don't believe I had ever seen that huge map of Riga before. Your random shots of Riga reveal quite a bit! And Saules Akmens truly qualifies as a signature building! :cool: It just has so much class and personality, Riga must be proud to call it its own!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whose Homepage said:
Zippo!!!! :)

You went all the way over to Riga just to get some paint???

Well, let me tell you, I'm awfully glad you did! :eek:kay:

You give a brief but very interesting travelogue. First, you show us the "Riga" sign that Gatis depicted here long ago. I don't believe I had ever seen that huge map of Riga before. Your random shots of Riga reveal quite a bit! And Saules Akmens truly qualifies as a signature building! :cool: It just has so much class and personality, Riga must be proud to call it its own!
Well, my friend work in a company which buy and resell paints, so he got an order to buy some pains. I went there just for fun ;)
Thanks for nice reply:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Laurijs said:
Cool pics zippo21 !!! :)

Glad u came to Riga but sad, that in so bad weather (17.05 was so terribly rainy day but i was working all day)

Brigde is called simply: Railway bridge! "Dzelzcela Tilts"

Near Central Railway station (where was so many people) always is like that - special from Monday to Friday aprox. between 15:00 and 21:00 =)

That's we are - so busy city :)
Thanks for information about the bridge Laurijs;) And actually it feels that Riga is bigger than Vilnius because the streets were crowded at that time..the streets are full of people event at late night as I recognized when I was there at the winter time:)

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
This small quartal in front has started reconstruction. In few years it would be covered with buildings and there won't be place for that many people anymore ;) he he

This is not Old City but Center (as if this was THAT important!)

My regular shopping place - because it is the nearest to house:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DenverDane said:
Thanks for showing pictures from your road trip to Riga. It definitely looks like a city worth visiting.
It worth to visit indeed, especialy in the summer time ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts