Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Same old me
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I never posted these pics before though I took them two years ago when I was in Sevilla during my summer holidays... the quality of the pics is pretty poor (my old cam was quite basic, hehe), but still, some of the pics came out quite nice.

I also apologise cos the pics are not posted following a particular order... but so you don't feel that lost, I'll tell you that what you will see in the pics is mostly the old quarter (Barrio de Santa Cruz), the Alcázar and the Cathedral, which unfortunately was being refurbished at that time so you will see some ugly nets up there in the top of the Giralda tower.

·
Same old me
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^
You definitely should, Sevilla is just awesome :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sssssssssssssstunning!

Hey Anton! :) Thx for the Moorish architechture pictures, I didn't get to visit historic sites when I was in Sevilla...I only remember the beautiful compound of cafes and clubs on the river...

Sevilla and Marbella were my favourite cities in Spain!

·
Same old me
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, sounds like someone is a party animal... hehehe :) Well, shame on you for not having visited the historic sites in Sevilla, cos they're awesome! But yeah, I also remember those cafés on the river... it was so nice, cos the nights down there are sooo warm, and the atmosphere is so lively next to the river (cafés, clubs, concerts...).

As for Marbella... is it really one of your favourite cities in Spain?? :) Which others have you visited?
I personally liked Marbella a lot, it's not just a tourist destination like some people believe, it has a nice old quarter, but.... well, it's far from being among my favourites! I respect your opinion though, it just surprised me.

·
Same old me
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^
Thanks! :) Yup, I went there in July, what can I say, I'm a brave guy, lol, btw, are you Spanish or Moroccan?

·
Same old me
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^
Ok, that makes sense then! hehe :) I also visited Marbella when I was around that age, who knows, maybe we were there at the same time!!! lol

·
La Paloma Blanca!!
62 Posts
^^
Thanks! :) Yup, I went there in July, what can I say, I'm a brave guy, lol, btw, are you Spanish or Moroccan?
I'm Moroccan but I'm studying in Sevilla. I can't be here in July and August because of hot. Also, I'm from Tetuán and there the weather is very nice like in Málaga.

·
Same old me
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm Moroccan but I'm studying in Sevilla. I can't be here in July and August because of hot. Also, I'm from Tetuán and there the weather is very nice like in Málaga.
When you said "eres un crack" I assumed you were Spanish! I guess your Spanish is just really good! hehe. And I agree with you, the climate is so much nicer in Málaga... it's still too hot for what I'm used to, but at least there's this breeze that makes the temperature bearable, unlike in Sevilla!

·
Same old me
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^
Oh no way, Sevilla is much hotter, I think it is because there's a lot of humidity in Sevilla, which makes the heat unbearable, while Madrid's air is a lot drier.

·
La Paloma Blanca!!
62 Posts
Thanks Anton, se hace lo que se puede :). I agree, I was for a month in Madrid in Summer and I assure you that Sevilla is hotter.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
I'm now in Madrid, and the weather is quite cold.... i don't know how will it be in summer, but i think not too hot. I was last july in Paris and I could't stay there, GOD!! it was so hot, summer is very similar in almost every europe, even when i was 2 years ago in london (july) i would have liked to swim in the thames, horrible, more than no place i've been in Spain GOD!

·
Same old me
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We were obviously talking about average weather conditions, not about heat waves and such phenomena.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
^^
Oh no way, Sevilla is much hotter, I think it is because there's a lot of humidity in Sevilla, which makes the heat unbearable, while Madrid's air is a lot drier.
Really?

Crap, and I wanted to travel there, I don't mind hot weather but humid-hot is terrible, if you ever went there, how is Sevilla compared to Miami?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts