Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
wow
that was a fantastic journey
as if i was really in the city hehe thanks!

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
^^ It's Levent not Maslak :D

Great shots, thanks for the virtual Istanbul tour. It looks like you had a great Istanbul experience by both visiting most magnificant places and also getting out of the typical tourist sights.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Fantastic shots, true to life.

Fantastic city, really has it all + more...:cheers:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just wonder if there was a moment of your trip that wasn't taken photo of ? Nice collection indeed.
Pics are a collection of a lot of trips during the past two years! As you can notice there is variety of seasons, from winter to summer! Thanks again for your comments!

·
21,422 Posts
great photos Mitasis, it is obvious you have travelled off the beaten track and mingled amongst the population of Istanbul, which is far better then sticking to the tourist attractions.

Did you feel like a complete stranger or did you feel somewhat at home? Also I see you noticed quite a few young ladies smoking :) is it the same in Greece or has being a member of the EU for some time now changed old habits of the people?

I would be happy for your feed back.

thanks in advance.

·
Strength and Honour
2,322 Posts
it is truly such a beautiful thread about istanbul. so many pictures...wow!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you feel like a complete stranger or did you feel somewhat at home? Also I see you noticed quite a few young ladies smoking :) is it the same in Greece or has being a member of the EU for some time now changed old habits of the people?

I would be happy for your feed back.

thanks in advance.
I could say that i mostly felt like home, we have a lot of similarities (and differences of course) but most the people I met were really warm!

For smoking... I'm afraid that being a member of EU the last 26 years hasnt changed at all the smoking habit, especially for young people and especially for young ladies!

·
21,422 Posts
I could say that i mostly felt like home, we have a lot of similarities (and differences of course) but most the people I met were really warm!

For smoking... I'm afraid that being a member of EU the last 26 years hasnt changed at all the smoking habit, especially for young people and especially for young ladies!
Thanks mitasis.

A friend of mine went on a tour to Greece last year and his impressions were that Greek people are really charming and friendly people and that he felt quite comfortable in Greece.

About the smoking issue; oh well so much for my hopes that if we ever become an EU member people would more readily quit smoking due to EU regulations :)

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,109 Posts
One of the best pictorial presentations of the city of the three empires EVER POSTED IN THIS FORUM!!!

There are many corners that look familiar in Istanbul. Especially this one:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7544/i132qn1.jpg

Do you call these "Simit" or something? This is one of the most familiar images you may find in Athens and all the bakery stores in Athens prepare these kinds of bread :yes:. Very familiar...

Amazing city BTW...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts