Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent my last weekend in Istanbul.. So I had a chance to tour some parts of the city, and take some shots.

I had visited historical part of Istanbul in a one day tour, 2 years ago, but didn't had a chance to venture the modern Istanbul.. Well, this time I also had a small tour in historical peninsula but also Bosphorus, Şişli, Levent and so...

I must say Istanbul is so big and fantastic, seems like it has taken many serious steps for becoming a World City. Historical part was also in a pretty good condition, and city was clean.

Istanbul has thousands of faces, imo it has two souls, one is the historical peninsula and the other is the modern metropolis.

Although atmosphere of historical peninsula is strictly seperated from the remaining of the modern city, you can still have the feeling of being in a very important and historical city, even in modern parts, with countless Ottoman masterpieces splitted over the city.

I didn't take much shots from Historical Peninsula as I had done that before, still I visited Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque for the second time.

I organised my shots in 3 parts, Bosphorus houses, Skyline view from my hotel, and few Levent shots.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 - Housing along the second row of Bosphorus, European Side between First Bridge and Sarıyer district beyond the Second Bridge (Including districts like Yeniköy and Bebek).

First I want to start with the houses and apartments located along the Bosphorus. My time was limited therefore I took many of my pics in car.

These are the second row of houses and apartments located in Bosphorus, so they are not the most famous ones, therefore some of them are less known, maybe it is their first shots in the net.

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
View from my hotel..

It was nice eat my breakfast looking towards one of the best skylines of Europe and to the stadium of one the best teams of Europe :colgate: :colgate:

Levent & Gayrettepe with Ali Sami Yen Stadium (under renewal as the league is over)

Levent & Ali Sami Yen Stadium

Gayrettepe

Polat Residence & Bosphorus

Looking towards Taksim & Historical Peninsula (very far)

Hotel was pretty close to Şişli Cluster. The green building is Cevahir Mall (about 450,000m2, only one third of its seen in picture). I loved Cevahir btw, it is very big and high quality and has very good shops.

And Levent :D

Kanyon Shopping Center..

·
Banned
337 Posts
Istanbul is truly gorgeous, I recently saw a poll in Travel and Leisure that place it among the world's top ten favourite cities - and I think it deserves the place.

·
Chistlehurst
3,138 Posts
nice pictures, view from mecidiyekoy will be more beatiful without that thing in the middle(what was the name? galatasaray's field?):D
Dont worry, Galatasaray's is moving from there soon, new beautiful stadium will be built somewere else:)

·
Carpe Diem
1,183 Posts
Wow, i never knew Istanbul is so big, clean, beautifull and modern! Thanks for sharing these pics mate!

·
Registered
917 Posts

I love this house so much. My cousin lives in Bebek and when I would go on walks I would always stop at this house and it looks so nice during sunrise and sunset.

Great pictures! These are some of the best I have seen from Istanbul and you seem to have been high up taking some of these pictures which caused for some amazing shots.

·
Banned
1,805 Posts
EU future largest city is incredible ! :eek:kay:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts