SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching the 5 o' clock news and it was said that N.O. recently had their 25th homicide. It said crime is rising as more people are returning to the city. It was also said that after Katrina crime fell by about 95%. I really hope that crime doesn't get to Pre-Katrina levels.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yeah me too, but 25 isn't bad. Let's hope they get a handle on it. Usually by this time of year, we have about 125-150 murders. I don't think we'll ever see that again. It starts with giving the NOPD resources to do it. And longterm, it goes hand in hand with education, economic development, and opportunity. All of which I believe we are well on our way to improving greatly... it all starts with this election, which I believe has some excellent cantidates. Ray Nagin is done.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
As soon as a certain, drug segment of the city began to return, we have seen murders go up. The average citizen isn't really at risk...they all kill each other in that segment.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sean in New Orleans said:
As soon as a certain, drug segment of the city began to return, we have seen murders go up. The average citizen isn't really at risk...they all kill each other in that segment.

It's a shame that they're even here. However, if they're going to kill, they might as well get rid of their own!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
JPKneworleans said:
It's a shame that they're even here. However, if they're going to kill, they might as well get rid of their own!
Someone advise me as to how I should take this statement.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
krazeeboi said:
Killing is bad and drug dealers kill each other..at least innocent people aren't being murdered. At least that is how I take it...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sean in New Orleans said:
Killing is bad and drug dealers kill each other..at least innocent people aren't being murdered. At least that is how I take it...
Yep that's how I took it too. I guess when you've lived year after year in a city you love... it being torn apart by violence,,, you tend to loose all concern for these people. I frankly don't care one bit when one drug dealer kills another drug dealer.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Good old New Orleans. That's why I don't live there anymore and will never live there again.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Geaux Tigers said:
Good old New Orleans. That's why I don't live there anymore and will never live there again.
That's right...We are the only city in America where this happens!! LOL!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm Sorry, but i think yall are a bit prejudice, or racist to say the least!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm Sorry, but i think yall are a bit prejudice, or racist to say the least!

And i understand what youre saying about New Orleans and all, but all of your statements seem to have that overtone in them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
krazeeboi said:
Boi. Take it just the way Sean took it. That would be proper. I am so sick and tired of people alluding to a "racial" issue when one was never intended.

·
Registered
754 Posts
JPKneworleans said:
Yeah...live in a city that has no character.
Hmm, character vs. not getting shot walking around my neighborhood or pumping gas in my car or going to the store. I'll take not getting shot.

Don't misunderstand me. New Orleans is a great town with lots going for it. But, there is a HUGE down side of the city that doesn't get talked about and seems to get glossed over too easily. The crime, drugs, and murder rate was too much for my wife and I and that's a big reason why we left. Yeah, it's in every city, but New Orleans seems to have a way of taking to a whole new level.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
You must have lived in a bad neighborhood, Geaux Tigers. I've lived here since I was born and have never been a victim of crime..unless you count the time I was pick-pocketed at Mardi Gras 11 years ago on Bourbon St. I walk my two small dogs almost every night around 11:00 or 11:30 and have no fear. Sounds like you lived in a part of New Orleans that those in Chicago call, "The South side."

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
JPKneworleans said:
Boi. Take it just the way Sean took it. That would be proper. I am so sick and tired of people alluding to a "racial" issue when one was never intended.
And who brought up "a racial issue"? Not I, said the cat.

I simply think there's something deeply disturbing about preferences in killing, let alone the fact that there has yet to be one statistic presented on the "types" of people getting killed.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts