1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
ça sera plutôt 4h
Rabat - Meknès 140km
Meknès - Fès 60km
Fès - Taza 120km
Taza - Nador (as you indicate, not verified 175km)
Total (+/- 500km)/120km = 4h and a bit, if you ad time to enter and get out of Nador and Rabat vice versa 4h 30/4h45

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wouldn't make any sense to build a motorway straight to Taza. Taourirt is much closer and serves the same purpose.
Not necessarily...if the purpose is to connect the future Nador and its future port to Rabat-Casablanca as fast as possible, it's better to connect Nador to Taza (following the path of the N2 and R8104 routes)

·
11 YEARS HERE!
15,388 Posts
the article talks about a highway between Nador and Taza VIA Taourirt, Taza-Taourirt is UC (included in Fes-Oujda project).
you must rename the thread to Nador-Taourirt | 120 km

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the article talks about a highway between Nador and Taza VIA Taourirt, Taza-Taourirt is UC (included in Fes-Oujda project).
you must rename the thread to Nador-Taourirt | 120 km
It's not a big deal bro, the title will change once will have a confirmation of the highway :)

But i wonder if it's necessarily to have a Nador-Taourirt highway, since there is an expressway under construction or under project between Nador-Oujda via Ahfir, the two routes will be very close.

So if the purpose is to rally Casablanca-Rabat by highway, it's better to do it directly via Taza, even if it's more expensive.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think the highway will nor be constructed towards Taza (too difficult) or to Taourirt (to far away). The best option is to contruct a direct link between Nador and Guercif following the Moulouya river at a certain distance (too close is not possible, because these grounds are too fertile... irrigated lands which are scarce in this dry region.

This option is the best one. A direct link with Taza should pass via Saka, but between Saka and Taza is very mountaineous and thus to expensive, and wouldn't serve other regions. The option via Guercif means extra traffic towards Guercif, as trafic towards Taourirt could exit highway near Mechra Hammadi. This highway can gain extra traffic if there would be a new route between Mechra Hammadi and Saidia via Berkane to make these places better to reach without detour via Nador or Oujda ...

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think the highway will nor be constructed towards Taza (too difficult) or to Taourirt (to far away). The best option is to contruct a direct link between Nador and Guercif following the Moulouya river at a certain distance (too close is not possible, because these grounds are too fertile... irrigated lands which are scarce in this dry region.

This option is the best one. A direct link with Taza should pass via Saka, but between Saka and Taza is very mountaineous and thus to expensive, and wouldn't serve other regions. The option via Guercif means extra traffic towards Guercif, as trafic towards Taourirt could exit highway near Mechra Hammadi. This highway can gain extra traffic if there would be a new route between Mechra Hammadi and Saidia via Berkane to make these places better to reach without detour via Nador or Oujda ...
I think a direct link with taza is possible. Cost is not the problem as you can see between Marrakech and agadir also a Tunnel is being built in very mountainess areas. A direct link to guercif would be logic i agree with you, but I think a highway next to the raillink with taourirt is the easiest for them.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think a direct link with taza is possible. Cost is not the problem as you can see between Marrakech and agadir also a Tunnel is being built in very mountainess areas. A direct link to guercif would be logic i agree with you, but I think a highway next to the raillink with taourirt is the easiest for them.
The difference is there'sn't an alternative for the Marrakech - Agadir link. They chosen the cheapest of difficult connections. The best connection would be via Tizi-n-Tichka connecting the high-Atlas and then onto Taroudannt, Ouled Teima and Agadir, which would generate a lot of traffic, but this highway s too expensive ...

Nador - Guercif is the best option, but they will probably choose the railroad path ...

indeed, no official source no project, mais dès qu'il commence le port, l'autoroute devra quivre, comme le projet de Tanger Med

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.