Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
48,030 Posts
This year I visited the city Nagasaki on Kyushu for the 2nd time. The previous time I visited was back in 2009. As I really liked this city it was worth coming back. It's international history plays a very big part in the history of Japan and it's international relations.

My 2009 photo thread on the Dutch section of SSC:
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=892702

IMG_4890 by Momo1435, on Flickr

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Nagasaki is on my list. I like the interesting seaside situation there, nice bay, nice mountains all around, in the neighbourhood the scary Unzen and the interesting Omura Bay. The historical stories this city has to tell are also very interesting and the pretty unique tram gives the city some extra touch. For that I like Nagasaki way more than Fukuoka everybody praises high.

I see that Nagasaki has some really nice alleys! But the modern taller houses are really ugly. They should replace them with better ones. Maybe Nagasaki can create some nice skyscraper ocean styles, something fishy, seaweedy or octopussy style. =D Nagasaki needs a nice signature highrise.

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nagasaki is on my list. I like the interesting seaside situation there, nice bay, nice mountains all around, in the neighbourhood the scary Unzen and the interesting Omura Bay. The historical stories this city has to tell are also very interesting and the pretty unique tram gives the city some extra touch. For that I like Nagasaki way more than Fukuoka everybody praises high.

I see that Nagasaki has some really nice alleys! But the modern taller houses are really ugly. They should replace them with better ones. Maybe Nagasaki can create some nice skyscraper ocean styles, something fishy, seaweedy or octopussy style. =D Nagasaki needs a nice signature highrise.
There's just 1 tower now, 95m tall, clearly visible in my opening post picture. But there are 4 towers in 3 projects that will go U/C the coming years. They will start to give the city a proper skyline, but you can't really say that any of the 4 towers will become a signature highrise.

NAGASAKI 長崎 | Shindaikumachi District Redevelopment 新大工町地区第一種市街地再開発 | 26 fl | Pro (80m - 90m)

NAGASAKI 長崎 | Nagasaki City Hall New City Hall 長崎市新市庁舎 | 20 fl | Pro (90m - 100m)

[/QUOTE]

NAGASAKI 長崎 | Saiwaimachi Factory Site Development 幸町工場跡地活用事業 | 150m 115m | Pro

This one was announced just after I left Nagasaki, the tallest of the 2 will be a 150m tall hotel tower. It will also include a new stadium for the V-Varen Nagasaki Football Club.

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The trams form the public transport network in the city, this is at Shokakuji-shita stop, the final stop of the lines 1 & 5. The small trams run in a very high frequency, if the tram is full you just wait for the next one.

IMG_4623 by Momo1435, on Flickr

IMG_4627 by Momo1435, on Flickr

IMG_4634 by Momo1435, on Flickr

IMG_4655 by Momo1435, on Flickr

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nakanochaya, a tea house / museum / Japanese garden, a small attraction that won't see to much visitors. I still don't exactly know where this museum was dedicated to, probably some illustrator, but not someone really historical. The small garden and the tea was nice.

IMG_4676 by Momo1435, on Flickr

IMG_4677 by Momo1435, on Flickr

IMG_4692 by Momo1435, on Flickr

IMG_4703 by Momo1435, on Flickr

48. Japanse man hole covers is an art form on it's own.

IMG_4718 by Momo1435, on Flickr

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
48,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.