Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some random photographs from Nagpur, Maharashtra

Nagpur College of Agriculture

Bungalows

Nagpur Improvement Trust building

Reserve Bank of India building

·
29,078 Posts
I had posted these pics before, but there were not so many forumers at that time. Now that nik wants to revive this thread, so here goes...

Photos and text copyright: Tariqe Sani
http://tariquesani.net/

The Zero Mile Stone of the country is in Nagpur - the dead center of the country has this pillar made of stone. Carved on it are distances to various nearby cities.

Cafe Coffee Day

Big Bazaar

Punjabrao Krishi Mahavidyalaya (Agricultural College)

GPO building is one of the heritage buildings of the city -it is one of the oldest and a fine example of architecture and looks of buildings prevalent during the British rule.

The walk way around the once deserted Telankhedi lake has now been beautified and lighted

Telangkhedi Lake Fountain

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Sudheesh, there was a tower planned by Mahararishi Mahesh Yogi and his organization, but i think its been scrapped or in cold storage. His proposal was announced way back in 1998. Theres a thread for it here somewhere. And it was in Jabalpur, in Madhya Pradesh and north of Nagpur.

World Centre for Vedic Learning

Meanwhile, I am glad to see the Orange City's time has come. With MIHAN and the SEZ's, hopefully the center of India will get its share in the spotlight.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Thanks Kronik... :) yes, it was way back, I think the exact location was also mentioned. Now it seems as a non starter.

Anyway Burj dubai is rising and would be topping the charts soon. Had seen the construction site once..and there was a billboard saying "History rising here"..

kronik said:
Sudheesh, there was a tower planned by Mahararishi Mahesh Yogi and his organization, but i think its been scrapped or in cold storage. His proposal was announced way back in 1998. Theres a thread for it here somewhere. And it was in Jabalpur, in Madhya Pradesh and north of Nagpur.

World Centre for Vedic Learning

Meanwhile, I am glad to see the Orange City's time has come. With MIHAN and the SEZ's, hopefully the center of India will get its share in the spotlight.

·
Trivandrum Lobbyist
7,872 Posts
kronik said:
Yup, atleast in terms of emerging as a logistics centre, Nagpur is already catching up fast. :)

·
A Bite of Reality
1,266 Posts
This thread be active with such great news further

Boeing zooms in on Nagpur.
Poonam Singh

American aircraft manufacturer Boeing has zoomed in on Nagpur, Maharashtra, to start its operations in India. An expert team from the Seattle-based company arrived at this decision after scrutinising potential sites in Gwalior, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and other places, and finally settled for the Multimodal International Hub Airport (MIHAN) at Nagpur.
According to sources in Maharashtra Airport Development Corporation, the nodal agency for MIHAN, "The experts from Boeing visited MIHAN and have agreed (in principle) to set up a maintenance, refurbishment and operations (MRO) facility." No formal agreement for the proposed facility has been signed yet.
Boeing plans to invest $100 million for setting up the MRO
facility. This will be one of the biggest foreign investments in recent years in Maharashtra.

Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who visited the US last year, had invited the company to set up the facility in the state.
The facility will come up on 150 acres of land. Read more

1 - 20 of 603 Posts