SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Latest Pics of Outer Ring Road (MIHAN End)getting ready by the next month and also MIHAN. The site is very fantastic to feel, believe me.

ROB for the Outer Ring Road: Will take four to five months to complete. With this half (44 km) of the outer ring road (total 85.5 km) will be operational. But the strech from the wardha road up to the amravati road is only two lane (plan are there to upgrade it to four lane).

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Thanks IU for creating separate thread on ORR :cheers:
I also couldn't find official map of ORR... will try to map it more precisely on google maps.
btw, last two pics are of u/c Boeing MRO in MIHAN.. not ORR.

·
9,428 Posts
^ removed :)

The southern section is fairly obvious but the northern one will require some guesswork. Looking forward to your map.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Created map using Google Earth
(I can provide .kmz file if anyone wants)

Blue line (2 Lane) --> 22.2 km
Green line (4 Lane) --> 30.4 km
Red + Pink lines --> 10.6 + 10.02 + 9.18 = 29.8 km

TOTAL = 82.4 km (all according to Google Maps measurement tool)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
So there are going to be two cloverleaf interchanges.. updated map in post #7.
Also the news articles say there is a bridge over Kanhan river. Now I don't understand how and where ORR crosses Kanhan river. I suppose that crossing is on Nagpur by-pass road which is being constructed as part of North-South Corridor and not ORR.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Outer ring road from Amaravati Road to Wardha Road was completed last year. However I think NMC is awaiting construction of railway over bridge near wardha road junction but I may be wrong.

The section between Wardha Road to Bhandara Road and above is actually part of North-South Corridor and thus responsibility of NHAI and is 4 lane + Service lane + flyover over major junctions and is already completed and operational. Check out latest satellite images on Google Map. Rest northern section, I doubt will ever be completed on time as that would fall on NIT/NMC to deal with.

·
632 Posts
after crossing mihan ... the outer ring road is just for bhandara side ...outer ring road not completed on other side ...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.