Skyscraper City Forum banner
181 - 200 of 2755 Posts

·
Banned
740 Posts
I wonder how will the MONORAIL alignment will be that will connect all NAIA terminals coming from BGC all the way to Entertainment City. It should have stop at the ITS next to coastal mall which was recently approved by NEDA. That should be a seamless connection.

·
Travel techie
3,106 Posts
OT: NAIA 3 originally was supposed to have a tunnel connection to NAIA 2...somewhere along the way, the concession agreement with PIATCO was amended that removed this.
Yes, that's right. There was supposed to be a tunnel between NAIA Terminals 2 and 3, but PIATCO had that removed in their subsequent revisions/amendments of the concession agreement. That IMO is one of the bigger mistakes the government allowed which is costing us now in terms of traffic and longer travel times, not to mention the inconvenience to transferring passengers between terminals without having to exit any of the terminal building complex.

Tunnel ba na mismong ilalim ng runway?

Parang nakakatakot yata esp pag may maglalanding na plane:lol:
There should not be any problem with planes landing on airways built on top of tunnels. Those tunnels can bear the stress of multiple planes landing every day.

What concerns me is that the approach angle into any potential tunnel if coming from the Skyway is too steep, hence one of the reasons why they decided to build along Andrews Avenue. A tunnel would have made a shorter distance and faster time but more complications and probably budget to build.

·
Registered
843 Posts
There are 2 notices posted between Pasay Road and Magallanes Interchange on EDSA (medyo matagal na). Meron nang petsa para sa construction of NAIA Expressway Phase 2: January 4, 2014 (???)

Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
This Absinthe's bull----
32,228 Posts
^^ January 8, 2014

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Starting from January, how in how many months will it be completed? This will make it convenient to go to MOA from Alabang. And it will feel really good never to experience the traffic again along Andrews and Domestic road, that's what I really dread about going to the airport area.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Way back in 2009 when Newport city was not yet much developed, Makati skyline was absolutely clear and breathtaking to watch from NAIA 3. I got a little disappointed now that it blocked the entire view. But if this expressway be built, I think the view of Makati skyline from there will catch attention. I just wonder if they also plan to evict the slums on that area, if it is so then perfect!

·
Proud to be Filipino
4,822 Posts
Well 2 weeks ago, when my wife's brother-in-law returned home from Qatar, she said people are doing measurements along Domestic Road.. And yesterday when I drove him to NAIA... Along The center of Domestic Road there are marks on the road which draws the diameter of the pillars that they'll build, also on the sidewalks there are painted marks... Also beside the Cebu Pacific building in Terminal 4, they've moved their wall backwards, seems to give way for the NAIA Ex's footprint...

Maybe we'll see them fencing the road in a few days...

·
Registered
This Absinthe's bull----
32,228 Posts
Bukas ang formal start ng construction ng NAIAEx Phase II

·
We will RISE AGAIN!!
731 Posts
sabihin na nating ngayon yung formal start ng construction diba dapat at least nandun na ang ilang heavy equipment prepping the area? or at least parked there....to see is to believe pa rin..

·
Rookie
535 Posts
Well 2 weeks ago, when my wife's brother-in-law returned home from Qatar, she said people are doing measurements along Domestic Road.. And yesterday when I drove him to NAIA... Along The center of Domestic Road there are marks on the road which draws the diameter of the pillars that they'll build, also on the sidewalks there are painted marks... Also beside the Cebu Pacific building in Terminal 4, they've moved their wall backwards, seems to give way for the NAIA Ex's footprint...

Maybe we'll see them fencing the road in a few days...
the marks on the domestic road and sidewalks has been there since late november. di ko lang alam if yun yung marks na sinasabi nyo.

sana magsimula na nga to see is to believe na lang nga

·
Banned
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Kanina, napadaan ako sa Andrews Ave. at Domestic Road gaya ng sabi ni @pau_p1 meron yellow & white markings sa kalsada, center island/barriers at sidewalk ung letter/number BH 12, P88 P-something markings (di ako alam anu ibig sabihin). wala pa mga equipments, ibig sabihin wala pa.

baka next week :D

181 - 200 of 2755 Posts