SkyscraperCity banner

1821 - 1840 of 2190 Posts

·
Registered
16,765 Posts
May not be the biggest, but easily the most cosmopolitan city in SSA outside of South Africa.

West Africans like my mum, will say that Kenyans "want to be white" but she has never even tried pasta before despite 40 years in the UK.

Good work!

·
Shrewd
20,802 Posts
May not be the biggest, but easily the most cosmopolitan city in SSA outside of South Africa.

West Africans like my mum, will say that Kenyans "want to be white" but she has never even tried pasta before despite 40 years in the UK.

Good work!
while it is true that kenyans and upperclass afrikans find it more classy to order pasta and some italian cuisine, it does not mean that in particular italian cuisine is the world best as they would like you to believe especially expats living in NEW YORK AND SAOPAOLO. Of course pasta is preferable to jollof rice or pilau at fancy restaurant doesnt mean wannabes are completely sold on italian restaurant menu as afrikans typically dont prefer risotto or focaccia etc over local stews and rice dishes.

And even the spaghetti{sweet tambi} has been used in Swahili dishes hundreds of years as sweet desert. And there is a Zanzibar market that sells pasta of many kinds to east africa region. But west afrikan and east afrikan number one food is still the ugali/fufu/sadza for a long time.

·
Ea Rocks
931 Posts
Plus its a rotating restaurant. 360 degree views as you enjoy your meal.
Some of the images of Westlands I have taken from here especially the gymn are just out of this world. From up there you can see a plane taxing on the runway all the way in Embakasi.

1821 - 1840 of 2190 Posts