SkyscraperCity banner

1881 - 1900 of 2190 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Nairobi is just in a league of its own in SSA beside SA. I like its dynamism and energy when it comes to the business environment. A vibrant city with an acceptable level of urban planning and order, but the city urgently needs a public masstransit system. Also the government must find a solution for Kibera. I like the climate too and its vibrant cultural life, Nairobi is definitely one of the places I see myself relocating to if the government could get the City to Kigali's security level. I love Kenya so much, almost obsessed with that place.
Hey, thank you for the complements on our city and you are welcome to visit or relocate.

I however don't think security will ever be Kigali standards. Nairobi is a very large city compared to Kigali. Its also very diverse with people from different cultures and economic backgrounds and not everyone is nice. However, any negative news you have heard about insecurity is blown out of proportion. If its the western media, it will always paint Africa in bad light. If its from Kenyans, we like to complain a lot about things to do with governance, hoping to catch attention of politicians so they can improve things or ship out. Just like any big city in the world, just using common sense in terms of keeping yourself safe. But hey, even Kigali is not 100% safe. I was there and my friend cars was vandalised and car stereo stolen. Yes, they don't have big crimes like robberies but pickpockets, small time break-ins are there too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am currently eating baked salmon sandwich at the artcaffe in Westlands.....what do you guys wanna know?😛

I'm that one dude weraing the kofia and is pretty stylish😂

I am clearly trolling😋, hope u all are having a nice day

Beautiful pictures @Kenyan_yungin

·
Registered
83 Posts
@Kamerun,

I feel like Kigali is highly monitored. One of my colleagues who travels there often told me that the government watches everything being done. No freedom of expression or to do what you wanna do. Yes, it has adequate urban planning, but there is just too much suppression for my liking.If better security means being watched at all times, then no thank you.

1881 - 1900 of 2190 Posts