SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered Loser
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I could not find any good pictures, so I took some from Google Earth...

Looks pretty good to me. Does anybody have any ground pictures?

·
Annman
6,928 Posts
As a German ex-colony, they seem to have some nice autobahns :)
The majority of Namibia's current paved network was built under the South African administration and their signage and markings are the same. They are now simply carried over to the new government after independence.

·
50,477 Posts
^^ You really haven't heard from Namibia? Well, it's a very large country, but almost never on the news.

Namibia is actually one of the higher income countries in Africa, though their income inequality is very high and unemployment is also extremely high, but this also takes rural people into account who don't need money or an income to live.

·
...rodjen na Balkanu...
764 Posts
Me, after reading the thread title: "Where the hell is Namibia??".

Sorry for being ignorant.
lol... i can't believe that :nuts:

somehow i wonder, does Namibia really has highways in our terms...
maybe with more pictures we could see real condition of roads there...

maybe google earth has some more photos...

·
Registered
86 Posts
some pics from flickr, sorry i do not find any pics from motorways

by Gerd se plek op die net

South of Windhoek, by oenilsen

by ho.erik

highway B1, by Paul Watson

The busy transportation lanes of Namibia, by mtlp

Watch out! Sand!!, by roevin

The Sandstorm Road to Luderitz, by linss203

The new bridge crossing the border over the Zambezi river to Zambia, by gert_van_dermeersch

Beware of desert Elephant, by Adrian Dahood

Etosha National Park in Namibia, by Nokes

highway between Khamanjab and Outjo, by Adrian Dahood

road to Botswana in the desert region, by davidtharby has wanderlust

Highway through the Kalahari Desert, the bonus :) , by Kattaka

·
Registered
854 Posts
^^ You really haven't heard from Namibia? Well, it's a very large country, but almost never on the news.

Namibia is actually one of the higher income countries in Africa, though their income inequality is very high and unemployment is also extremely high, but this also takes rural people into account who don't need money or an income to live.
Sure I've heard about Namibia, but I would not be able to locate it in Africa, I would not recall it's capital, I don't know anything about it's history, I don't know any product coming from there... there's just no relation with my country.. I guess we don't import anything from Namibia, we don't export anything to Namibia, most people do not tend to travel to Namibia... I don't want do degrade that country, just to point out that there are countries in the world (especially in Africa) that we dont know anything about. Usually, when I hear a name of a country, I'm able to recall at least something special about that country... but Namibia...? Just nothing.

·
Registered
854 Posts
lol... i can't believe that :nuts:

somehow i wonder, does Namibia really has highways in our terms...
maybe with more pictures we could see real condition of roads there...

maybe google earth has some more photos...
I'd like to know what do YOU know about Namibia without using Google... I guess not much... hmm?

·
...rodjen na Balkanu...
764 Posts
I'd like to know what do YOU know about Namibia without using Google... I guess not much... hmm?
well... i'm a student of geography, and i know about Namibia since i was a child... ofcourse, you i can't say every little detail cause i'm not from Africa, but we all know basic stuff that are enough for any world geography admirer...

oh yes and Namibia isn't in range of 'small' countries that are totally unknown to majority of population... we're not talking about Guinea, Togo, Sao Tome e Principe, Malawi etc...

it's just another typical african state... lots of sand, wildlife, and rising cities...

·
Registered
854 Posts
well... i'm a student of geography, and i know about Namibia since i was a child... ofcourse, you i can't say every little detail cause i'm not from Africa, but we all know basic stuff that are enough for any world geography admirer...

oh yes and Namibia isn't in range of 'small' countries that are totally unknown to majority of population... we're not talking about Guinea, Togo, Sao Tome e Principe, Malawi etc...

it's just another typical african state... lots of sand, wildlife, and rising cities...
It is a "small" country in terms of population, GDP and has surprisingly few kilometres of paved roads (CIA factbook states 5,406 km).

And the city of Windhoek is surprisingly nice.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
^ For a large country (825,418 km²) only 1,820,9162 (2005) inhabitants? :lol: I know it's Africa, but damn what a small nation!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts