1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
ताज़ा सम
517 Posts
Very nice project .:)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Dude im with you on that. But again, I find a lot of buildings built in mumbai ugly or none too spectacular.

We need more creativity and inventiveness in the skyscrapers we're going to build if we really want to have a unique skyline.

·
Banned
4,221 Posts
Not that I want to bash Hafeez's atrocious design sense (or in most cases, his 'sign-off' sense) for no reason, but this tower is seriously PUKE INDUCING! If I had to barf at every unnecessary opening, every disproportionate piece of cladding, every out-of-place tacky bit of glazing and every badly positioned advertising board (he's clearly given in to his client's cheap but realistic demands), I'd need an endless supply of air-sickness bags. Sheesh, I wish I had a wrecking ball at my disposal!

·
Registered
173 Posts
That is a hideous building. I've never been a fan of Hafeez Contractor. In addition, I think its sad that all developers/builders in Mumbai want to go with the steel and blue/green glass on the outside. They look horrible, especially for residential projects.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
as opposed to garishly painted concrete commieblocks?

I think the building is rather good. It's fun to hate on HC, but it's obvious the guy is designing buildings to a budget. If everyone had unlimited petrodollars, there'd be steel and glass cladding on everything.

What this building COULD HAVE been is just your average 40 story resi building on a mall slash parking podium... i.e. like 300 other ones in the city. From the renderings there doesn't seem to be any more elements to this building in terms of material or cost than any other of the boring ass apartment blocks in the city. Instead, what sets this building apart is its design. What's tantamount to the same volume and materials found in other buildings is used in a unique, eye-catching, and I think rather pleasing way.

Kudos to him. It's a great building for what's probably an average budget.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Agreed totally. Some idiots needs to rethink their hatred on HC. I mean just look at garbage coming up in the name of RESIDENT ANTHILLA, PLANET GODREJ, LODHA BELLISIMO. all stupid cookie cutter soviet era boxes all the way up to 50th floor.

why hate on HC? Couldnt that retard AMBANI asked for sleek, aerodynamic design for RESIDENT ANTHILLA instead of this ugly retangular commie style building which is a pure eye sore. Hating on hafeez isn't gonna solve problem. Its how these owners cutting corners like lawn mowing. Thats the real issue. Just look at THE IMPERIAL TWINS.

Just look at the mess they made out of HC's The imperials, no dark alluminum cladding as the rendering warrented.

as opposed to garishly painted concrete commieblocks?

I think the building is rather good. It's fun to hate on HC, but it's obvious the guy is designing buildings to a budget. If everyone had unlimited petrodollars, there'd be steel and glass cladding on everything.

What this building COULD HAVE been is just your average 40 story resi building on a mall slash parking podium... i.e. like 300 other ones in the city. From the renderings there doesn't seem to be any more elements to this building in terms of material or cost than any other of the boring ass apartment blocks in the city. Instead, what sets this building apart is its design. What's tantamount to the same volume and materials found in other buildings is used in a unique, eye-catching, and I think rather pleasing way.

Kudos to him. It's a great building for what's probably an average budget.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts