SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
4,258 Posts

Nanchang Rail Transit or NCRT is a metro system under construction in the city of Nanchang, capital city of Jiangxi province, China. The first line is planned to open in 2014. Currently a 162 km system with a total of 5 lines are planned in the long-term.

Line 1 is under construction and opens in 2014.

Line 2 is due to be start construction this year and open in 2016

·
The Explorer
5,130 Posts
^^ First metro system for Jiangxi province?

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Nanchang Metro

Nanchang metro planning 2014-2020

Released March 4 2014, Nanchang, Jiangxi Province

There will be 5 metro lines for long term, total 197.6km, 146 stations including 16 interchanging stations.

Currently Line 1 phase I and Line 2 phase I are under construction. Line 1 will open in second half of 2015. The new planned lines include Line 1 phase II, Line 2 phase II, Line 3 and Line 4 phase I.

Line 1 phase II

Line 1 north extension (to airport): 15.7km, 6 stations (11km elevated, 4.7km underground)
Line 1 east extension: 4.1km, 2 stations (all underground)

Line 2 phase II

Line 2 west end south extension: 8.5km, 7 stations (all underground)
Line 2 east extension: 4.7km, 4 stations (all underground)

Line 3

26.5km (19.2km underground, 7.3km elevated)
22 stations (16 underground, 6 elevated)

Line 4 phase I

38.2km (24.3km underground, 13.9km elevated)
29 stations (21 underground, 8 elevated)

source

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
8,907 Posts
Congratulations Nanchang! Only a few days after Qingdao. This, however, is not the shortest timespan between two new metro systems, as Shenyang and Chengdu were put into operation the same day in 2010. And with this, Jiangxi is yet another province with a metro system (again, a few days after Shandong). The following provinces and autonomous regions don't have a metro system yet: Fujian, Gansu, Guangxi Zhuangzu, Guizhou, Inner Mongolia, Ningxia Huizu, Qinghai, Tibet and Xinjiang Uyghur. All but Tibet have U/C or planned metros, however.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
China adds new cities as operating metro system every year, this time is in Nanchang.

Nanchang needs metro very much, because this is a big city. I was exclaimed before why they have not opened a metro network, where same smaller cities started metro running. Better late than never, and now Nanchang got its metro.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I’ve some questions (arose after viewing some websites). Please answer one by one –

1) Left side, right side or both sides, - which type of platforms are in most numbers in Nanchang subway network?
2) Which is the deepest station of Nanchang metro?
3) Which is the busiest metro station?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Already they have planned long term plan. Line 1 will be extended both in north and east; the northern extension will cross the suburban rail network. Line 2 will run from east to south as an inverted U shape line by covering the city centre and crossing Ganjiang river, and will cross all other planned lines, and also cross the suburban rail line two times. Line 3 will run from east to south as an reflected ? mark type layout, and will also connect other planned lines and suburban train line. Line 4 will run from east to west, bu covering city centre, and will also connect other planned lines and suburban train line and crossing Ganjiang river. Line 5 will be a U shape line from north-east to north-west, which will also connect other planned lines and suburban train line and crossing Ganjiang river.

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
8,907 Posts
^^ Long term plan includes urban 10 lines, 4 'light rail' [sic] suburban lines and 3 express lines. Plans in China are already outdated when they come out.

And all stops except for Bayiguan have island (left side) platforms. Bayiguan is the strange one having side (right side) platforms.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts