Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Century Plaza Tower A
Nanjing - China

New Century Plaza Tower A will be among the tallest buildings in Nanjing when its finished. The 52 floor tall tower is expected to be completed in 2005. The height is 232m, however the spire reaches 255m above ground.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I remember discovering this about 5 years ago when I was doing some research for skyscrapers.com. As with most projects back then, you could never verify whether it was actually being built (there were no Chinese forumers around to help!), so I just assumed it was dead. Now, five years later, here it is... topped out! Fantastic. And quite a nice tower too.

Would anybody be able to post a list of the tallest buildings in Nanjing, maybe with photos as well? Seeing panoramas of Chinese cities is great, but having done loads of research, the really difficult things for non Chinese readers to find out is names and heights! Much obliged for any responses.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Britannia said:
I remember discovering this about 5 years ago when I was doing some research for skyscrapers.com. As with most projects back then, you could never verify whether it was actually being built (there were no Chinese forumers around to help!), so I just assumed it was dead. Now, five years later, here it is... topped out! Fantastic. And quite a nice tower too.

Would anybody be able to post a list of the tallest buildings in Nanjing, maybe with photos as well? Seeing panoramas of Chinese cities is great, but having done loads of research, the really difficult things for non Chinese readers to find out is names and heights! Much obliged for any responses.
Im searching and have been searching after projects all around China, and im trying to gather them in the Project and Construction subsection at the China Mainland Forum. I have a few Nanjing projects in thread, but they are well known once which you probably know of. A lot of project is still missing, but im trying to do my best posting many projects there.

·
Long live the Twins!
1,116 Posts
wow! thanks for the rendering and pic!

i've always wondered about what happened to that building. good to see that it's topped out, and that it's got a better design to it now.

·
Premium Member
38,009 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Britannia said:
lastest pic of new century

Zhaoshang over 300m may tallest one in Nanjing

two skyscrapers one is 232m oyher is 228m

golden hawk 214m 58floors

NanJing National Trade Center 218m 52 fllors cost 1.2b US dollars

·
Registered
381 Posts
Britannia said:

there are losts of chinese forumers now :)

so,if we can do something for you

you can go to the chinese mainland forum,post it

and........ :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
NIce tower.
What about Xinjiekou Department Store Tower? That has been in the emporis and SSP database for years now with no news.

Have you also heard of the Nanjing International Finance Center(232 m) ?? It's in the SSP diagram.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kazpmk said:
NIce tower.
What about Xinjiekou Department Store Tower? That has been in the emporis and SSP database for years now with no news.

Have you also heard of the Nanjing International Finance Center(232 m) ?? It's in the SSP diagram.
I haven't seen any renderings of Xinjiekou Department Store Tower nor seen any information of that building, exept on ssp.

Concerning the Nanjing International Finance Center, you can find information and renderings here.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts