• 3 or less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,238 Posts

________

CHONGQING | Nanping Twin Towers | 2x620m. Proposed. An obscure proposal designated by the local government as one of the key projects to carry out within the decade of 2010-2020.
One of the proposals. They didn't mention the source.
Another set of sourceless renders for the Nanping Twin Towers. 680m and 630m.

Maybe it is not enough information to start a thread yet, but after reading i thought with this height it should get one for early discussion. Especially the latest renders, which are so amazingly unique and also would push the building to a china's tallest candidate.

mods are allowed to change this first post to always preview the newest renders

Reactions: erbse

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
2x620m ??? What the hell :nuts:

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
300.000m² seems quite low, considering 1WTC has already more than that. On the renders it doesn't look that thin either, especially on the diagram it looks like it is nearly as wide as the old world trade center, so that is quite confusing. I really love the design though and wish it is final, although i think in these early stages it is only a concept. An amazing concept though, the structure looks impossible from some angles and only when you take a closer look and realize that it is one tower with the core and only one supporting structure that may not be needed for stability create the second legs.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
^^ The two legs proposal doesn't look too serious to me, but who knows? And isn't the first proposal listed rejected by z0rg? Or do I read it wrong?

Anyways. 620m+ twins, that's skyscraper enthusiast dream coming true :cheers:

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ The two legs proposal doesn't look too serious to me, but who knows? And isn't the first proposal listed rejected by z0rg? Or do I read it wrong?

Anyways. 620m+ twins, that's skyscraper enthusiast dream coming true :cheers:
yes the first design i showed is a rejected design, that's why i also posted zorg's rejected list again. the new war-of-the-world-machines looking design was posted today in the chongqing projects thread. i think it is just an early concept and i don't think it is final, although i wish it was. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
the new war-of-the-world-machines
Same association here :D If we talk about aesthetics themselves, a bit too silly for a buildings (building with legs? meh..), but still with those height, boxiness and doubled? I wouldn't mind, I wouldn't mind at all :cheers:

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
standing alone it indeed would be a bit silly, but i love how all these smaller buildings fit perfectly together looking like smaller crystals beside rising out of the ground, i am really amazed by the design and yeah the height blinds me a bit too, i mean this is a 680m building that only has a tiny crown, the observation deck is on 630m :lol:

what i am wondering though is where it is supposed to be, google maps shows the area nanping as far from the main city of chengdu, which worries me a bit.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Huge towers outside the city? That wouldn't be first for china ;) Not saying it's good though. But yeah, we've seen it already.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Huge towers outside the city? That wouldn't be first for china ;) Not saying it's good though. But yeah, we've seen it already.
true, although i still hope that i am wrong with the location afterall

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
with that size i thought opening a thread wouldn't be bad even if we only had scarce information on the renders we have. I also have my doubts that these renders are final or even not real like you said. This is also the reason i left the title at 620m+ and didn't write the exact height of the newest renders. :cheers: but no matter how few information we have, buildings of this size especially twins, i just had to open a thread for them.

z0rg, do you know where the plot is supposed to be, the name of the project seems to point on an area called nanping, which seems very far away from the city center. Are there more projects supposed to start like we see with Goldin Finance which is far outside the city but in an area that is planned to develop over the next few years.

·
Registered
25,190 Posts
^^
See the twin towers in every render? Theyr're Changjiang International, 2x195m. You can locate them in the map of my signature. You'll notice a huge open space where the 620m twin towers would be built.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
good to hear that the location isn't that far away as i thought it would, just on the other side of the river. maybe 2.5km air between this monster and the main skyline and main future skyline when more projects are realized. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
good to hear that the location isn't that far away as i thought it would, just on the other side of the river. maybe 2.5km air between this monster and the main skyline and main future skyline when more projects are realized. :cheers:
its actually located in the very center of the city...
@zorg. The 630*680 twins design is by Aedas. We found it from its official website

1 - 20 of 75 Posts