Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Galactic Ruler
6,857 Posts
LOL well she is a real person at the end of the day and that was far from tantrum.

If it had been me and they had stuffed the prompting, I could have found even better language to use. Kicking the camera and autocue would not have been off-limits either.

·
Registered
743 Posts
TV host apologises for swearing

24may05

TODAY Tonight host Naomi Robson has apologised after a recording was broadcast of the Seven network journalist swearing at her producer.

The embarrassing off-air exchange, which featured the television host using an expletive seven times during a 34-second conversation, was aired on the ABC's Triple J yesterday.

The unauthorised recording was taken from last year and featured Robson talking to Today Tonight's producer before the current affairs program went to air, according to a Sydney newspaper.

The expletive-laden discussion between the pair revolved around Robson's autocue.

"F***ing drop it in at the last minute," Robson said during the conversation.

"You should be able to read every f***ing word, every comma.

"It should be very specific because if we've seen it before we've got a chance in our mind to go 'Oh look they've f***ed up this, they've f***ed up that."

The host today apologised through a Seven spokeswoman after the embarrassing off-air blunder was aired.

"Naomi wishes to apologise to anyone who has taken offence to the broadcasting and reporting of her private comments," the spokeswoman said.

"This was the unauthorised recording of a private conversation last year between Naomi and her producer before the program went to air."

She said the conversation centred on a script Robson and the producer felt needed reworking, and the comments were in "no way directed towards any individual".

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hilarious :) Go Naomi! And you know what... who cares how she speaks off air. If I were her I wouldn't be apologetic at all, in fact I'd sue the bastards.

MG2

·
All the way with PJK
921 Posts
Haha, the last bit ...."I mean, you sit here and read a fuc|<ing autocue..."

Oh, how hard it must be, Naomi! Puh-lease! I believe one news reader (Chris Bath?, can't quite remember) was plucked straight from a cafe as she served coffee to some TV executive and was reading news bulletins a few weeks later. That's the "family-friendly newspaper" version, anyway.

·
Galactic Ruler
6,857 Posts
Tony P said:
Haha, the last bit ...."I mean, you sit here and read a fuc|<ing autocue..."

Oh, how hard it must be, Naomi! Puh-lease! I believe one news reader (Chris Bath?, can't quite remember) was plucked straight from a cafe as she served coffee to some TV executive and was reading news bulletins a few weeks later. That's the "family-friendly newspaper" version, anyway.
LOL but you failed to mention Chris Bath was reading the crappy NBN news which is hardly one of the big gun networks. She later moved to affiliated channel 9 i think - dunno where she is now, I haven't seen much of her lately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts