Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I used to have a penfriend in Naperville, IL (dunno what ever happened to her). I was wondering if some of you had any pics of this apparently very lovely little town. I'd be extremely grateful for any images you might have.

Thanks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
hehe, I've never been to Naperville, but that wasn't what I was picturing. That doesn't look all that bad, at least their downtown is alive (usually Naperville is the source of derision amongst some people I know).

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much. :) It looks really nice and lively little place, even better than what I had in my mind. I saw some pics of the town after a google search, but none of the towncenter. Thanks again.

·
Cynical post-collegiate
937 Posts
Wow, that's REALLY not what I was expecting out of Naperville. I always pictured a McMansion suburb.

·
born again cyclist
3,671 Posts
yes, naperville does indeed have a very charming, vibrant, pedestrian friendly town center, and they got that nice little river walk park dealie too, but the vast majority of naperville's ~120,000 residents live and work in these types of areas pictured below:

·
Cynical post-collegiate
937 Posts
Oh my god it's my worst nightmare come true.

I never thought I'd say this... but I'd prefer Plano over THAT kind of McMansion suburbia.

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I doesn't look at all bad to me. Suburbia or not, it's green and seemingly very vibrant. Kinda reminds of my hometown in someways, although the architecture is totally different. The church is cool, it actually resembles A LOT the old church in Jyväskylä.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
The 4th most populated city in IL, tripled its population in 20 years. (from 42,000 in 1980 to about 130,000 in 2000). Probably past the 140,000 marked, and in 2010, probably past the 150,000 mark.

33 miles west of downtown Chicago, and borders Aurora(IL's 2nd Largest city)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts