SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Stas Stolfat
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the biggest shopping complex in the North East Part of Esotina, also known as Ida-Virumaa county. Anyway, it was opened last Thursday and I just wanted to tell you people abouth the project. First of all it is built in the 3rd biggest city in Estonia in terms of population (approximately 67000). Inside there's also 3 cinema halls with a capacity of 147 and 2 halls with 131 seats. This is probably the biggest attraction since the last cinema in the city was closed around a decade ago!
Info:
Investment:112 million kroon
Construction:August 2005-April 2006
Parking space: over 100 cars
This is the render:

And the interior pictures, not my pics though:

Cinema:

A new style of escalators

·
Stas Stolfat
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chile:I dunno, I never seen them before. Only seen the one that go horizontal, like walk paths!

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
S.T.A.S. said:
chile:I dunno, I never seen them before. Only seen the one that go horizontal, like walk paths!
Are they a new style? We have planty of those escolators here, in malls from the 80s as well, so they have been useing them a while.

·
always on
4,815 Posts
have you never seen them even in London!?
They are such so that people with carts and wheelchairs etc can use them!

·
Stas Stolfat
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alrite!

·
Registered
272 Posts
S.T.A.S. said:
It looks almost identical to the Central Jamaat-E Ahl-E Sunnat mosque in Oslo... Here is a picture from a recent crime scene (although it looks much more like this new shopping center from other angles):

·
Stas Stolfat
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gatis: that's not a supermarket, it's a relatively medium sized department store...it's not where you buy food, it's where you buy clothes and staff!

·
Stas Stolfat
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
London doesn't have those escalators, they have normal ones, so it's the first time I saw it!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow. Is that the most eastern located :) escalator in the European Union?

The significance if this complex is probably that it's really close to Russian border and a big contrast for anyone visiting from the other side of the river, the Ivangorod town. Not been there but what can be read from the media, it's quite backwards. Of course, not far away east is St. Petersburg with its many cinemas, escalators, supermarkets and such.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Wow. Is that the most eastern located :) escalator in the European Union?

The significance if this complex is probably that it's really close to Russian border and a big contrast for anyone visiting from the other side of the river, the Ivangorod town. Not been there but what can be read from the media, it's quite backwards. Of course, not far away east is St. Petersburg with its many cinemas, escalators, supermarkets and such.

It is not too correct to compare 70thousand Narva with a 10 000 Ivangorod.
I doubt very much there are any such shopping malls in Estonian cities with the population <=10 000 men.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts