SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Great stadium. Would be world class with the tiers completed at both ends ( think that the capacity would up to the 80~82k) and with a roof (not exacly one that cover every stands, but one like Santiago Bernabéu or Seattle stadium).

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Great stadium. Would be world class with the tiers completed at both ends ( think that the capacity would up to the 80~82k) and with a roof (not exacly one that cover every stands, but one like Santiago Bernabéu or Seattle stadium).
Please don't start with that.

I don't want this section of the forum to go back to 2009...

·
Arch(Struct) Engineer
1,795 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roofs are looked down upon in the US. Nashville has good weather during the fall (football season), and has literally no need for a roof. During the cold fall days, people would rather be under the sun than in the cold shade. And sitting on the side is better for American football. Nobody wants to sit on the ends.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Just some random thoughts, folks.

And that's true, on AF is weird to watch the game on the ends. I was thinking as a soccer fan about closing the tiers on the ends

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
They stole this look from Tampa just like they used the Liberty bowl which is shaped like the old Tampa stadium before this lol

·
Time for go to bed!
1,059 Posts
Just some random thoughts, folks.

And that's true, on AF is weird to watch the game on the ends. I was thinking as a soccer fan about closing the tiers on the ends
Nashville isn't that big a city. I doubt the Titans can sellout an enclosed Nissan Stadium.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
So you don't think being the only 2 stadiums to have lower bowl seating, but 2nd, 3rd or 4th deck in the endzone doesn't look similar? I mean if we can call 3 rivers and the vet similar, why can't we compare these?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
So you don't think being the only 2 stadiums to have lower bowl seating, but 2nd, 3rd or 4th deck in the endzone doesn't look similar? I mean if we can call 3 rivers and the vet similar, why can't we compare these?
One is angular and the other rounded, but otherwise that picture shows they are much more similar than I realized. The way the decks overlap is almost identical.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
One is angular and the other rounded, but otherwise that picture shows they are much more similar than I realized. The way the decks overlap is almost identical.
Besides Nashville being rounded at the top, they also have three distintive levels. Tampa just has the lower bowl and the upper deck. There are suites below and above the club level in Nashville. You really have to view from field level to see both stadiums have their own feel.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Sorry, I am just not seeing it.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Sorry, I am just not seeing it.

They're similar in the fact that they both have open sections in the endzones above the bowl... that's it, really.

But most stadiums are similar in more ways than one, mainly because they're all done by the same 4 architect firms. If it's not HKS, it's HNTB. If it's not HNTB, it's Populos. If it's not Populos, it's HOK. If it's not HOK, it's HKS...

So I can understand what they're saying.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
They're similar in the fact that they both have open sections in the endzones above the bowl... that's it, really.

But most stadiums are similar in more ways than one, mainly because they're all done by the same 4 architect firms. If it's not HKS, it's HNTB. If it's not HNTB, it's Populos. If it's not Populos, it's HOK. If it's not HOK, it's HKS...

So I can understand what they're saying.
It's not just the open areas, though that is the main bowl design feature of each. Look at the way the upper decks break off to those open areas. Look at the lights. The fake city concession areas.

They are not identical, of course, but I don't think you'll find another NFL stadium so similar to the style of these two. I never realized it before, but now that it's been pointed out I can't unsee it.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts