4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pics from june

-

Reactions: geometarkv

·
Registered
27 Posts
What an awesome photo thread of Nashville. One of the best, if not the best I've seen. You did a really great job capturing the architectural details and diversity--what little unfortunately remains--on so many different streets downtown. I also love the zoom lens shots taken down West End. You really compressed a lot of space, covering up a lot of unsightly parking lots and strip malls, and made the city seem denser than it really is. Lovely shots of North Nashville, the beautiful architecture of Fisk University and the tree canopy and hills to the north. Overall great job. You're quite a talented photographer!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Also, what time of day did you take these pics? The streets are usually not that empty.
Ha, I was wondering the same thing. The shots show a decent amount of street facing retail...but not that many people in most shots (some are devoid of people...).

Great shots though!:cheers:

Steve

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the replies

Spectacular pictures LSyd!

How did you like Nashville?

Also, what time of day did you take these pics? The streets are usually not that empty.
Nashville is fun and growing nicely. it could use some good mass transit.

the pics were taken on a monday morning. it was super hot.

-

·
Skybar Mod
26,529 Posts
thanks for all the replies

the pics were taken on a monday morning. it was super hot.

-
If you took them in June then it was probably well over 100F :lol: We had a very hot June.

Your right though, public transport in Nashville is abysmal. Unless you want to pick up some cheap hooker on the bus. :nuts:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Those are great pics! Thanks for posting. I like the older three to five story brick and stone buildings contrasted with the shiny glass and steel of the skyscrapers.

What is the building with the large courtyard that is visible in pics 1 and 5? Is that the new public library?

·
Registered
440 Posts

the pics were taken on a monday morning. it was super hot.-
We are working on the mass transit. Federal funds will be sought next year for the East-West Connector BRT line from Five Points in East Nashville to White Bridge Pike on the west side. It'll run right along Broadway and West End.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Any way to add some pics of the Music City Star? Always great to see transit in its urban environment.

Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts