SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 431 Posts

·
Fly Nashville!
770 Posts
This is it. It is confirmed from the party this evening that the tower is 1047' with 65 floors. Here are the official pics from the unveiling at The Cumberland this evening.

Thanks to barakat over on UP for taking these shots.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Will redefine Nashville's skyline. Awsome building - amont the best designs in the Southeast. Congrats Nashville!

·
Daddyrabbit
258 Posts
That is really sweet looking. That also means that Nashville will be the 3rd tallest city in the US. It will knock Atlanta out of 3rd place and into 4th. Who would have thunk it. Way to grow Nashville.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Now, we need to see Nashville get a couple of more towers that are slightly less tall, so the Signature Tower doesn' look so out of place and weird. Glad to see Nashville get this tower...I love everything about the tower, outside of the bland crown. It looks like a modern day attempt at immitating the Empire State Building.

·
Registered
841 Posts
HOLY freaking GAWD that is quite a tower! Well done. Congrats to Nashville. I can only hope Wachovia's new tower in Charlotte gives this one a run for the money but I think it's a longshot.

Wow.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow..I love it...Congrats to Nashville..what an ace in your cap to have the tallest building in the South..for now at least..can't wait to follow its progress on here. :cheer:

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Corinth940 said:
Wow..I love it...Congrats to Nashville..what an ace in your cap to have the tallest building in the South..for now at least..can't wait to follow its progress on here. :cheer:
Exactly...when does construction begin?...let's get some cams going! :)

·
President of Catan
2,282 Posts
This was my first thought.

But I must say. I prolly like sig a whole lot more, buuuuuuuuuuut I do wish there was something a bit more.... strikingly never-seen-before about it.

Right after thinking of BoA, I thught of Jin Mao's tipy top crown, which I admit in retrospect is odd, but maybe not. It's like you have:
Jin Mao crown + BoA(and maybe Key Tower)= Sig

Not bashing at all. This thing is a flucking bombshell. ;)

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Sean in New Orleans said:
Now, we need to see Nashville get a couple of more towers that are slightly less tall, so the Signature Tower doesn't look so out of place and weird.
Agreed.

Congrats Nashville. Still hard to believe this is a residential tower though.

Isn't Miami building something taller than this?

·
Fly Nashville!
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sales begin in September with construction to begin on or before Jan. 31, 2007. I think it is to completed in 2009 (not 100% sure) and it has been mentioned that residents may begin living in the lower portion of the tower, by 2008, while the top is finished.

The skin of the building will appear blue on sunny days and have a silverish color when cloudy. The glass, diamond-shaped beacon at the top of the spire will shine at all times and serve as the FAA beacon

1,047 feet tall with 65 stories. The top 6 floors of penthouses will be 4,000 sq ft each with 24 ft windows

Amazing!! Nashville is a very progressive city and this will be a wonderful reflection of that.

The MDHA meeting is scheduled for sometime in the month of May. No later than the last day of the month, what day I am not sure of though.

1 - 20 of 431 Posts