SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
I like the look of those houses. modern yet traditional (though a bit levantine in style).

looks similar to the houses built for lecturers in samawa university.

the prices are a bit OTT... very OTT.

size price
200 250,000
300 375,000
400 525,000 *

madness!

and to top it off. its in the desert between imam ali AB and the city.

Still if the "american university" is eventually built and part of Imam Ali AB becomes civilian, I can see this project doing ok.

its only 850 units after all.

at least the developers etc are real... the blurb on their site says :

Construction of a group of villas including the model villa on the project plot will start in December 2010, simultaneous with preliminary works on the project plot. Construction on the rest of the plot in the first phase is expected to start in the first quarter of 2011.

Residential villas of will be completed in 18 to 26 months from the start of construction. As for the complete project, construction is expected to be completed in 5 to 6 years.

furthermore...

Provisions for comfort include numerous facilities, in addition to infrastructure and utility services (24x7 power station, sewage and treatment stations and high speed Internet connections). Liwan also features vast open spaces, lush green areas, main roads, service roads, car parks, convenient stores for each neighbourhood, schools, a mosque, a shopping centre, a community centre with a multipurpose hall, a gym and swimming pools.

Aimed at boosting infrastructure in Al Naseriyah to a new level of international standards, Liwan has developed its own unique specifications. A power station generating 30 MW will be constructed at the far end of the residential units. The station will provide residents of Liwan with continuous cooling, heating and illumination as well as other services that require power. In addition, there will be special facilities for the collection and treatment of sewage, as well as infrastructure needed for communication networks and high speed Internet. The residential units and facilities at Liwan will be connected with a network of internal and main roads.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Nice project ! but i noticed that its just a copy for dubai ! maybe without even case studies !

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Who is going to buy a villa in the middle of the desert with such prices?!
it won't be a desert once its built :p plus there are other institutions going up near it, i think its good that they're spacing projects out

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
from that link. basic info about the american university of nasseriya:

Name: "prophet abraham university"
Local Party: Dhi Qar Investment board
Foreign Party: American University of Beirut
Current phase: "Study" (as far as i understood...).

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
amazing project, iraq needs another 20 more of these!
Yes because the homeless of Iraq have $500k to spunk down on one of these villas...

why oh why don't people get the point of what iraq lacks in housing!

rich people will always go and build their own custom villas in Iraq (which would be much bigger than these in many cases). Its the poor and middle classes who don't have housing, and they need the housing to be priced between $20k - $50k Anything above that is too much.

Why do I have a feeling that only the first stage of this project is built and sold to the wealthy, expats, foreign companies... with 99% of the locals left out in the cold and no actual housing problem solved!

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
^^ you also have to take into account that the only reason the poor dont have housing is because of lack of supply...once the middle class is satisfied they will free up a lot of housing and prices will drop...we also need projects like these to stimulate the economy, im not saying that low income housing is not needed of course they are but they should be built at the same time

1 - 20 of 56 Posts