SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Galactico
11,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
US Firm Wins $60m Affordable Housing Project in Thi Qar

19 July 2012 By John Lee.

The Thi Qar Investment Commission has approved an Investment License for a $60 million (USD) affordable housing project being developed by Iraq Dream Homes, LLC, a U.S. affordable housing development firm.

The housing project “An Nasiriyah Dream Homes-Phase I” consists of 400 units of single-family affordable homes in a master-planned, sustainable community development. In addition to the energy saving technology and design incorporated into the development, An Nasiriyah Dream Homes-Phase I will include a hybrid solar/photovoltaic renewable energy plant for clean and stable electricity supply for the development’s residents.

According to Iraq Dream Homes, LLC Managing Director William Johnson:
“Thi Qar Investment Commission’s approval of the Investment License for our affordable and sustainable housing project marks a very significant milestone in the project’s development and provides a clear indication that Iraq is serious about addressing their housing shortfall.”

Engineer Ali M. Sangoor, Iraq Dream Homes, LLC Country Manager says:
“Working with Dr. Luay AL-Khairulla, Chairman of the Commission and the Thi Qar Investment Commission staff in the development of An Nasiriyah Dream Homes-Phase I has been a pleasure and we look forward to delivering our high quality, affordable homes to the residents of An Nasiriyah.”

Iraq Dream Homes, LLC was awarded the Investment License for the An Nasiriyah Dream Homes-Phase I project under Iraq’s Investment Law #13. A combination of construction lending from a U.S lending agency and an Iraqi commercial bank, along with private equity will provide financing the project.

Construction on An Nasiriyah Dream Homes-Phase I, located in the Municipality of An Nasiriyah, Thi Qar Province in southern Iraq is expected to start in November 2012, with initial turnover occupancy of homes scheduled to begin in June 2013.

An Nasiriyah Dream Homes-Phase I Unit Type C (175SM)

An Nasiriyah Dream Homes-Phase I Master Plan

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
The more I study this project the more I like it.

Insha'Allah it will be a success and similar architecture implemented elsewhere as well.

Do we have more information in Arabic? If so feel free to post more information since I am curious.:D

·
Iraqi User
1,917 Posts
^^

استثمار ذي قار تمنح رخصتين لبناء مجمع سكني ومدرستين بأكثر من 54 مليون دولار

السومرية نيوز/ ذي قار

أعلنت هيئة الاستثمار محافظة ذي قار، الاثنين، عن منح رخصتين استثماريتين لبناء مجمع سكني ومدرستين، مؤكدة أن الكلفة الإجمالية للرخصتين بلغت أكثر من 54 مليون دولار.

وقال الناطق الإعلامي باسم الهيئة مهيب الهلالي في حديث لـ"السومرية نيوز"، إن "الهيئة منحت رخصتين استثماريتين جديدتين لشركة بيوت حلم العراق الأميركية المحدودة لبناء 400 وحدة سكنية مع الخدمات اللازمة من شوارع ومحطة لتوليد الكهرباء ومناطق خضراء ومدارس ومراكز صحية وتجارية"، مبينا أن "الكلفة الإجمالية للمشروع الذي سنفذ على ارض مساحتها 100 دونم تبلغ 54 مليون دولار".

وأضاف الهلالي أن "الهيئة أرسلت الأوليات الخاصة بمنح الرخصة إلى وزارة المالية لإكمال الموافقات الخاصة بتمليك أرض المشروع لصالح الشركة"، مشيرا إلى أن "الهيئة تعهدت بتسليم الموقع الخاص بالمشروع بمنطقة المصطفاوية، في مركز مدينة الناصرية".

وتابع الهالي، أن "الهيئة منحت رخصة استثمارية ثانية لبناء مدرستين أهليتين في قضاء الرفاعي، (70 كم شمال الناصرية)، وعلى مساحة 1792 متر مربع"، لافتا إلى أن "الكلفة الإجمالية لتنفيذ المشروع تبلغ 500 ألف دولار، وبفترة انجاز امدها 10 اشهر".

وأكد الهالي أن "بلدية الرفاعي أعطت حق تمليك المدرستين للمستثمر العراقي ريسان صالح مهيدي".

وتعتبر أزمة السكن في العراق من المشاكل المزمنة التي تعاني منها البلاد، إذ تقدر حاجتها من الوحدات السكنية بنحو ثلاثة ملايين وحدة، يتوقع أن تتمكن هيئة الاستثمار الوطنية من التعاقد على مليون منها لتنفذ خلال السنوات القليلة المقبلة.

وكانت هيئة استثمار محافظة ذي قار منحت، في (24 من تشرين الثاني 2011)، رخصة استثمارية لشركة الصدارة الإماراتية لبناء 850 وحدة سكنية بأربعة نماذج مختلفة، كما منحت، في (24 من نيسان الماضي)، ثلاث رخص لمشاريع خدمية لشركات محلية توزعت بين قطاعات التجارة والصناعة والإسكان.

يذكر أن محافظة ذي قار، ومركزها الناصرية، 360 كم جنوب العاصمة بغداد، أجازت حتى الآن 26 مشروعاً لمستثمرين عراقيين أو عرب أو أجانب في المجالات التجارية والزراعية والصناعية والسياحية والترفيهية والسكنية والخدمية.

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
شكرا لك يا أخي.

أقدر لك هذا

:)

I had no idea that the demand for new housing was THAT big in Iraq.

But I love the additional additions to the project such as schools, health centers and green areas.

I hope that this project, when finished, will be a landmark to follow in Iraq.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have just joined this forum as we have been asked to tender for materials and construction of similar housing project of 1200 homes .
AL SHATTRA , we will do this as joint venture Iraq construction company for the Tender using Light gauge steel technology and light weigh foam cement walls
we hope to complete the 1200 houses in 15 months
god willing :

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
i have just joined this forum as we have been asked to tender for materials and construction of similar housing project of 1200 homes .
AL SHATTRA , we will do this as joint venture Iraq construction company for the Tender using Light gauge steel technology and light weigh foam cement walls
we hope to complete the 1200 houses in 15 months
god willing :
welcome supaframe.
I just checked that you are an Austrailian company, right?
We would appreciate it if you have any information or pictures regarding the al-shatra project.
Thanks.

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
and please post the al shatra project in a new thread and not this one.

·
علي مولا
873 Posts
if its anyone to trust with help with quality buildings in arid lands its down here in aus. Straya ****!! but am really looking forward to these..

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
How is this project moving ahead?

I am interested because this is one of my favorite residential projects in Iraq as of late. Especially when it comes to the design.

Why don't we see more of such projects all over Iraq? The design proposed for that residential area in Ramadi is hideous compared to that one in this thread.

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Sheytan you must surely know about this.:D

I have high hopes of this project and it spreading to other provinces of Iraq. It looks like an absolutely quality project from the outside!

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
What? Then I must have misunderstood something.

But maybe he still knows more about it than us?

Maybe Muhammad Ghani will know? Or others. Please inform us.

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
I know about the earlier nassiriya project that never happened. was a UAE scheme, I even spent a day driving around the "purported site" to find nothing...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1256193

I left Iraq in summer, but still in touch with the team there on and off. nothing happening atm.

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
What a shame.

That's not good at all. I thought it was approved. Well that's Iraqi bureaucracy, unfortuantely.

But as I said a few times before then I have high hopes for this project. The location could have been better but the buildings alone look fantastic. Love the design as well. More of that.

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
the problem with the earlier scheme is that it was very expensive AND far out of town (in ur qadhaa!).

the idea will work well once there is some critical mass in making it a "new" uptown area.

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
LOl, really.

And they probably had extremely expensive prizes so the "lower class and middle class" were unable to buy it despite them needing it the most.

But well I understand that it is difficult for an foreign firm or even local to build quality projects for a cheap prize although they should be doing exactly that because they would eventually get more in return if let's say 1000 families moved in, instead of a dozen very rich ones.

The investment laws should also be more easier for foreign investors and even locals wanting to build big. That's the only way forward.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts