SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's biometic health access card, anyone with half a brain can tell it's a backdoor to instituting a national ID card.

What's the bet our apathetic population is too absorbed watching whoever is getitng their tits out on big brother this week to realise the real thing is on the cards.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18935386-2,00.html

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Function creep Howie, just wait.

·
Registered
0 Posts
You know what - just give everybody a passport.

Problem solved.

·
Titter ye not.
19,193 Posts
Don't get a British one, when we have to renew our Passport we have to give up our DNA, Iris scans, fingerprints to go on a national identity register.

Its not just you guys, our government is doing it as well!!!!

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
God damn commies...

It would be better if it was Mandatory, for 16 year olds and over, Had a photo, microchip and fingerprint and was all in a national database.

Such an intelligent practicle idea, but alas there are nimbys even among us pro-development types...

I absolutely hate the type of person who automatically takes the opposite stance to whatever the govt does (Unless it really really suits them directly). Pathetic.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
THis'd be cheaper surely...

·
Registered
76,961 Posts
its a terrible idea if your hiding something. bummer.lol

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Malt said:
God damn commies...

It would be better if it was Mandatory, for 16 year olds and over, Had a photo, microchip and fingerprint and was all in a national database.

Such an intelligent practicle idea, but alas there are nimbys even among us pro-development types...
Wow, Nazi poster boy!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
CULWULLA said:
better file those last 3 tax returns then, cul. and submit your BAS. ;)

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Would you be ok with the authorities reading your emails and listening to your phone calls?
You have nothing to hide remember, so an invasion of your privacy shouldnt bother you.

What exactly are the positive's of this ID card?
Not really for this or against it to tell you the truth.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
No locke, not Nazi poster boy at all (Lets not begin on the inaccurateness of that statement)

Cul summed it up about right...

CULWULLA said:
So why complain? Are you all criminals with something to hide?

And rev, reading your personal conversations etc is completely different to having your Fingerprint, DNA, Photo and Medical info on record.

The positives? One massive one, Criminals would be caught.
The police as it stands have to get lucky and either have a suspects fingerprint on file (ie repeat offender) or they have to get it from them after (Which requires alot of investigation). Think, if it was on file, they could submit it, and get a result. Eliminating alot of investigation into a suspect, more time for other things on the case.. Same goes for DNA (Rape?)

Another benifit? As they said, use it to replace medicare and have your info on a microchip. Easier than physical records having to be gotten from yourself or a previous doctor.. Just scan the card, get the info from a Govt Database and your set at your new doctor, set in the emergency room, Whatever!
Perhaps all prescriptions could be scanned onto it, this way people who get prescription drugs from multiple pharmacies and then sell them on the street could not get away with it.

Would definitily count for a very large amount of points when u need to supply ID (Birth Certificates, Passports, Licences, Bank Statements..) instead of these Im sure that the card would provide all that was nessacary.

It would sure make census much easier... Youd have a running record of population (Over 18 at least) and the guardians of younger people would probably have the children recorded on the card (In the chip at least).. So at any point demographic information could be accessed for whatever reason instead of reffering to the immediatly outdated, less accurate census data

I mean really, there are NO dissadvantages, only nimbys complaining because thats what they do best.

·
Registered
984 Posts
if I understand it correctly, the ID cards will be for people will wanting government services only.

You don't need centerlink or medicare? You don't need a card.

Makes sense.

·
Watch my Chops
6,033 Posts
Malt you would be right if everyone could be trusted and we lived in a loving fairy land.

No in the future systems like this will be abused.

Save us V. /jk

·
Watch my Chops
6,033 Posts
cowface said:
if I understand it correctly, the ID cards will be for people will wanting government services only.

You don't need centerlink or medicare? You don't need a card.

Makes sense.
So we can keep an eye on immigrants, natives, criminals and the lower classes of society the degenerates to make sure they conform, this is brilliant. :bash:

·
we love cranage :)
456 Posts
Citystyle said:
Malt you would be right if everyone could be trusted and we lived in a loving fairy land.

No in the future systems like this will be abused.

Save us V. /jk

Abused ?? By whom?? The government can already do everything that they will be able to with the Smart Card. What it will allow them to do, is to check if you're trying to defraud the system... if you're not then you've got nothing to worry about.

·
Watch my Chops
6,033 Posts
Howie said:
Abused ?? By whom?? The government can already do everything that they will be able to with the Smart Card. What it will allow them to do, is to check if you're trying to defraud the system... if you're not then you've got nothing to worry about.
Loke started the thread and was he worried about that no not really. Get back to me after you get on topic.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts