SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
IsraCanadian :)
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the forum lacks pictures of some smaller cities (particularly
in the north), and most other places on the Web only have pics
of Lower Nazareth (i.e. the old Arab city), here are some pictures I
shot during my summer 2005 visit to Israel.

Nazareth Illit is a new (about 50-year-old) city of approximately 50,000
people, most of whom are Jewish. It is located in the north of Israel, in
the Lower Galillee, and is about 45 minutes from Haifa by car. It is built
almost entirely along the contours of a mountain, and neighbourhoods
are connected using long sets of stairs (which makes it tiring to walk :)).
I spent most of my childhood in this city (10 years).

Enjoy :) And nice forum!







Harnessing solar power! :)






























 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
6,874 Posts
Welcome :) your from Toronto?
Looks very nice..

i think we had a nazarit illit one before?
whos the man in the car? did u go to N. Illit?
 

·
IsraCanadian :)
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm from Thornhill.
Well, I lived in Nazareth Illit for 10 years (1990-2000), and last summer
I visited there for a month.
You already had pictures of N.Illit? That's cool, I didn't know :).
I am in the process of making a website about modern Israel (as part of
a hobby, not something I have been assigned), and I really
like the pictures on this website, many of which would be great for my
project. I spent a lot of time looking for pics from many different sources.
I'd like more cities in Israel represented. Also, for the transportation section,
I need more pics of the various highways in the country. I already have
like a thousand pix of Ayalon and Highway 6 :) Some variation would be cool.
And the man in the car is just some guy we hired to drive us from
Ben Gurion.
 

·
Israel
Joined
·
500 Posts
wellcome! nice pictures
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
6,874 Posts
TheCat said:
Yeah, I'm from Thornhill.
Well, I lived in Nazareth Illit for 10 years (1990-2000), and last summer
I visited there for a month.
You already had pictures of N.Illit? That's cool, I didn't know :).
I am in the process of making a website about modern Israel (as part of
a hobby, not something I have been assigned), and I really
like the pictures on this website, many of which would be great for my
project. I spent a lot of time looking for pics from many different sources.
I'd like more cities in Israel represented. Also, for the transportation section,
I need more pics of the various highways in the country. I already have
like a thousand pix of Ayalon and Highway 6 :) Some variation would be cool.
And the man in the car is just some guy we hired to drive us from
Ben Gurion.
Hehehehee, Thornhill. More like Jewhill ;)
Welcome. Glad to see some more Canadians join our Israel forum. Your pics were great. :) i like Nazarit Illit. Its a nice town...

Good luck on your website anyhow :) and join our conversation.

And put a pics on post your pic thread ;)

enjoy
 

·
IsraCanadian :)
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks :)

lol the town is actually kind of boring, there is a mall and several shopping
centres, a new country spa, but not much more.
But if you got a car it's not a huge deal... my friends drove me to Haifa,
Tiberias (BBQ at the Yerdenit :)), we also ate at the Nafis near Haifa,
good food lol. My other friends the satlanim sit on the bench every evening
smoking several packs of cigarettes :D
But otherwise, it's a nice city to live in, from a residential point of view.
The weather is great too, i was so surprised in the evenings it actually
became much colder than in Toronto in the summer.

Anyway I may post some more later, but right now I have 2 more exams
to study for, before the semester is over :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,536 Posts
Most of the time people tend to associate Nazareth Illit with Nazareth proper.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
6,874 Posts
TheCat said:
lol the town is actually kind of boring, there is a mall and several shopping
centres, a new country spa, but not much more.
But if you got a car it's not a huge deal... my friends drove me to Haifa,
Tiberias (BBQ at the Yerdenit :)), we also ate at the Nafis near Haifa,
good food lol.
:) Nafis is the best. Its a really good resturant....
Its in Kiriat Ata to be exact. I know, cause i went there. 24 hours open..such a good resturant. And very stylish too. I mean, they have all you can expect..

Anyway I may post some more later, but right now I have 2 more exams
to study for, before the semester is over :)
Hehehe, sounds like a York U student ;)
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
6,874 Posts
ZOHAR said:
i understood,u are ex emmigrant from Russia and now emmigrated to Canada?:(
why?:(

He wants to be attached to the the 9th largest economy in the world and the largest producer (ontario!!!) among the G7 Nations! ;)

Alot of people from former USSR went to Israel cause it was easier to immigrate to Canada then.

I thought that when u lived from 1990-2000 you were one of the few who came (4 planes) to israel in 1990 from Canada...anyone remember that large aliyah?
 

·
IsraCanadian :)
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
i understood,u are ex emmigrant from Russia and now emmigrated to Canada?:(
why?:(
I have indeed immigrated to Israel from the USSR (born in Russia because
of the radiation, family originally from Belarus)... There are many reasons for
why we moved to Canada, but of course, the obvious ones include
political/security instability, army, and the divide between Ashkenazi and
Sephardic Jews, which is unfortunate because in the USSR my parents were
hated because they were Jews, and in Israel they were accused of being
not Jewish. Luckily it seems to be getting much better in the last regard,
and the younger generation seems to be getting along much better (some of
my very good friends in Israel are Sephardic). I also find it very sad that
many people (especially teenagers) have very strong "don't care" attitudes -
even simple things like throwing trash on the street :) It doesn't do any
good to the nice country that Israel is. But it looks like it's getting much
better, which is very nice :).
Most of the time people tend to associate Nazareth Illit with Nazareth proper.
Heh that is true I guess, after all, who has ever heard of N. Illit :) But the
two towns are very distinct. Nazareth is very old, crowded, and has an
almost entirely Arab architecture (and population). N. Illit on the other
hand is new, modern, and much greener. It's actually kinda funny because
when I was visiting, I saw many "driver education" cars on the roads (u
can see one in the photo of the intersection). My friend told me that it is
because most of the residents of old Nazareth go to N. Illit to practise
driving, since it's the closest place that has a modern road infrastructure :).
Hehehe, sounds like a York U student ;)
Actually, I'm a University of Toronto student :)
Computer&Electrical Engineering. They made us stay so late this year,
I have a presentation on May 4th, that's I think as late as universities
can be.
Alot of people from former USSR went to Israel cause it was easier to immigrate to Canada then.
That is actually very true, but wasn't the reason we came to Israel. My
family had the option of immigrating to the U.S. because we already had
some relatives there, but my parents insisted to go only to Israel, because
we actually wanted to live in Israel. My parents were always following
the events there, illegally listening to "kol israel" :) Most of my family,
in fact, lives in Israel.

Well anyway, I have just finished my late night studying, now I'll go get
some sleep. Thanks for the replies and sorry for the length of this post.

Shalom :)
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
6,874 Posts
TheCat said:
= and the divide between Ashkenazi and
Sephardic Jews, which is unfortunate because in the USSR my parents were
hated because they were Jews, and in Israel they were accused of being
not Jewish.
:mad: monsters i tell you.
Let me just give you a quote by Golda Meir...she termed it the best:
"A real jew is a jew who speaks yiddish!" -Golda Meir.
That should teach those morrocans on whos the boss ;)

Actually, I'm a University of Toronto student :)
Computer&Electrical Engineering. They made us stay so late this year,
I have a presentation on May 4th, that's I think as late as universities
can be.
Friends dont let friends go to UofT.
A school that decides your mark on a bell curve..
So ofcourse im gonna get straight C's and D's!! :soap:

[/QUOTE]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Kappa21 said:
:mad: monsters i tell you.
Let me just give you a quote by Golda Meir...she termed it the best:
"A real jew is a jew who speaks yiddish!" -Golda Meir.
That should teach those morrocans on whos the boss ;)
Is this supposed to be funny, I just don't get it? If there is humor there I just don't get it. Maybe I'm too American?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top