Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a viable alternative to hosting the Super Bowl?

With all this hype of hosting a Super Bowl i got to thinking... Why haven't we ever thought of hosting the NBA All-Star Game? I mean seriously folks. We all know that Conseco Fieldhouse is arguably the finest arena in the world. We also know Indianapolis & Indiana as a whole is a basketball crazed mecca! So why is it we never thought of hosting such a thing? Any thoughts? :cheers:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yes, then we can show off our newly released bad ass convention hotel to the NBA and the nation.... Oh wait, I mean our looks like ass newly released convention hotel.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I thought that I read somewhere that the Simons have little interest in hosting the game. Almost all the tickets to every event go away to the hands of corporations, and there is very little return to the organization.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I thought that I read somewhere that the Simons have little interest in hosting the game. Almost all the tickets to every event go away to the hands of corporations, and there is very little return to the organization.
If that is true, and it probably is, then it should be on city leaders to press for it. It would be great for the city.

But, would it have an impact on getting NCAA Final Fours? If so, I think Indy would prefer the Final 4. Also, Indy should be putting all of its focus on convincing the other NFL owners to bring the Super Bowl. Anyway, the point is there are better things the city could be spending its time on.

·
Banned
392 Posts
If thugs were a problem for Vegas--they sure are going to be around in Indy being nearby Chicago and Detroit. Hopefully, we dont have a Pacman Jones incident in Indy.

·
Banned
892 Posts
If thugs were a problem for Vegas--they sure are going to be around in Indy being nearby Chicago and Detroit. Hopefully, we dont have a Pacman Jones incident in Indy.
Weren't Pacers players involved in a strip club shooting this past year? Don't forget about Mr. Artest's antics in Detroit either. If there were any incidents in Indy during All-Star weekend, it wouldn't exactly be a surprise. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts