Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
333 Posts
Oh god, all the lame ass stereotyping done in those pieces. Cowboys!? Seriously, the only cowboys you find are in the rural areas outside the city who come into town to dance at whatever honky tonk establishment they go to.

SA is more than the Riverwalk, mexican food and cowboys. And not even exploring the new section of the Riverwalk... Eh.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
It may seem stereotypical to you local folks but to people in other viewing areas, it makes SA seem different from and more exotic than where they live. I'm sure that the San Antonio office of tourism gave them some tips and that they loved the exposure. If they broadcast from Charlotte, NASCAR is present. In Baltimore they eat crab cake sandwiches on air. In Richmond (as if they'd even bother to come here) they would eat ham and have some dork in a Confederate uniform,. From Norfolk they would broadcast from the deck of an aircraft carrier... That’s just how TV rolls. You're lucky that your city has some things that set it apart and that it has national appeal.

·
Banned
1,775 Posts
It may seem stereotypical to you local folks but to people in other viewing areas, it makes SA seem different from and more exotic than where they live. I'm sure that the San Antonio office of tourism gave them some tips and that they loved the exposure. If they broadcast from Charlotte, NASCAR is present. In Baltimore they eat crab cake sandwiches on air. In Richmond (as if they'd even bother to come here) they would eat ham and have some dork in a Confederate uniform,. From Norfolk they would broadcast from the deck of an aircraft carrier... That’s just how TV rolls. You're lucky that your city has some things that set it apart and that it has national appeal.
They made San Antonio look like Fort Worth and West Texas. Its nothing like that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Geez... Why is everyone on here so negative and always dissing everything? I guess you can never please anyone. I am glad they came to SA and surrounding areas and gave us FREE publicity. Bottom line is that we got hours of national exposure on the country's highest-rated morning news/talk show!

P.S.
Bandera, TX is a lot like Ft. Worth and West Texas. They call themselves "The Cowboy Capitol of The World":lol:

·
Banned
333 Posts
Geez... Why is everyone on here so negative and always dissing everything? I guess you can never please anyone. I am glad they came to SA and surrounding areas and gave us FREE publicity. Bottom line is that we got hours of national exposure on the country's highest-rated morning news/talk show!
I can't hate on the exposure but I hate the light they shined us in and how they portrayed SA.

It's the same BS. Dallas and its big hair, Houston and its oil and SA with its cowboys and Mexican food.

:eek:hno:

P.S.
Bandera, TX is a lot like Ft. Worth and West Texas. They call themselves "The Cowboy Capitol of The World":lol:
That's true, but Bandera is 40 miles from downtown SA. They made it seem like Bandera was just an extension of San Antonio when it's a complete opposite.

·
Registered
43 Posts

P.S.
Haha they are so similar except for the large black population of Ft. Worth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts