SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEC Hall | Pendigo Way | Refurb | Comp.

11926 Views 50 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  sefton66
:banana: been hoping for this for years!!

Reference PL/2017/03298/PPFL
Alternative Reference PP-06601477
Application Received Tue 12 Dec 2017
Application Validated Wed 13 Dec 2017
Address National Exhibition Centre Pendigo Way National Exhibition Centre Solihull B40 1NT
Proposal External facelift of NEC Halls 1, 2, 3, 3A, 4 and 5 by recladding the external elevations
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Could the NEC be used as a movie studio for movies?

New sign

Saw it today!

Welcome to the National Exhibition Centre

It was changing when I got this one.

Recladded halls

Recladding of The NEC halls 1 and 5.

There are big doors on the outside of the halls. Mostly artificial lights inside.

On the bridge from International Station there is new gates to walk through at the security check, although they didn't ask to check my bag last time, and was fine to go through. They are like the metal detector gates at airports. Although it didn't beep when I went through.
I'll check it out tomorrow when I go to the DST convention in hall 5.
Got some photos but got told off by the security manager in Resorts World for taking photos on private property without permission. He saw me take a sign outside of a restaurant!
Took these while on a break from DST heading to Resorts World.

I don't think they've done anything to the halls inside.
Reactions: Sandblast
Birmingham Mail I've already seen the external refurb!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/nec-getting-45-million-revamp-15327009

The NEC has unveiled details of its extensive £4.5 million transformation which will completely change the look and feel of the iconic Birmingham based venue.

The site is visited by more than 2 million people each year - with 500 separate events taking place.

It is a three year project - and the first phase – the exterior of Halls 1 and 5 – began in June.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.