SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im currently in the market for 2 offplan apartments in Sheffield, Leeds or the surrounding area and wanted to know if anyone has any advice on good investments?

Ive been warned off Clarence dock devleopment Cartier House that I have looked at and been told Phase 2 of Wards Brewery on Eccy Rd is not selling well. Any reasons why?

If anyone has any advice or proposals ild be happy to hear them.

Cheers

Nik

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Wards Brewery whist being lovely inside (or so i've heard - get in touch with gothicform) and being quite close to eccy road, it does have an overall feeling of being quite detached from anywhere else. Not quite ecclesall road - not quite city centre, and with nothing else - for the time being - anywhere near it. I'm assuming phase two will have a similar problem, although with some other flats nearing completion behind waitrose I suppose they may all come together to make a much busier area.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Look around the riverside in Sheffield, near where Kelham Island is and the new ring road is going in. Lots of new schemes coming through round here and with the new and improved infrastructure this is definitely an up and coming area of the city.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Disagree about amenities near the Eccy Rd development. It is ideally situated, with Waitrose, the Pomona and Vine pubs, that new gym and London Rd all within 5 mins walk. The river is a plus too. Maybe they are overpriced, at the moment, but I can see them being popular in the future.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a call from Knight Frank about the Wards Brewery development and she told me that they have all been sold to a single investor.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Like La Salle in Clarence Dock in Leeds (steer well clear, good advice!) they were all sold to the Summertime Properties guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts