SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone who could recommend an airline that has cheap tickets to Hong Kong from Toronto for a August 1 flight and a September 1 return? Help would be absolutely GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
541 Posts
^^ Good luck with that...

My friend and his family are going to Hong Kong around the same time and the cheapest they could get was just under C$2000/person (with Cathay)

Check Mobissimo and Expedia regularly 'cause good fares have tendencies to just 'pop-up'.

·
121,921 Posts
It's summer time. Unless some travel agencies come up with a hot special at the last minute, I doubt you can get anything near that price. You might have better luck flying China Eastern out of Vancouver or even through Europe (ie. I see a lot of GBP395 fares from London - HKG + taxes).

·
天豆
9,950 Posts
Cathay is a ripoff. I can't understand why they are so expensive. I guess they charge premium for a direct flight and better hospitality.

I have tickets for mid August to early September with United. One stop in Chicago and then on to HK direct. Cost was around $1800 CAD. I think there are cheaper fares, but not by much, that will require you to stop like crazy (+1 day travel time)

The cheapest ever that I purchased was on Air Canada during Christmas (super high season) for $1111 CAD because of a pricing error on Air Canada's website. This was a direct flight on their new planes as well :D

Generally you want to book tickets a year in advance.. the earlier the better because tickets to HK during high season go really quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts