SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nepal – Gokyo & Everest Base Camp

Last year I allready had a great holiday in Nepal. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1685232

I liked it so much I went back this year but for a longer and higher hike. this time not in the Annapurna range but we go to Gokyo Lakes & Everest Base Camp!! :banana:

This holiday was more nature and mountains offcourse but we still had the first couple of days in Kathmandu and at the end we also went to Bakthapur.
But since I saw all the real highlights last year I did it this time on a more relaxed way.

Kathmandu

Last year this road was one big hole and lots of dust...

typical buildingstyle of Kathmandu.

Gate of of a milatary complex in the centre of the city.

The chaos in traffic was still here though!! ;)

On our way the the real chaos of the Thamel area.

In this area you can find and buy anything!

Tourist hotspot

A pedestrian walkway they don't know it here....

Sort of quiet street in Thamel ;)

Views on our roofterrace at our hotel.

Our neighbour...

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Day1 hike: Lukla - Phakding

On the fourth day of our holiday it was getting up early for the flight towards Lukla.
We flew with Tara Air and the flight lasted about 40/45minutes before landing on that tiny and special airstrip in Lukla. "One of the most dangerous airports of this world...:D)

I had a seat at the left of the plain so nice views allready of the high mountains of the Himalaya.
The landing was fun! Lukla airport has a runway of about 460m with a slope of around 12%. A quick landing and stop is a must! :)

Our plain for the domestic flight to Lukla; a De Havilland Canada DHC-6-300 Twin Otter.

Views over the Himalaya.

Sometimes the mountains get very close!! :eek:mg:

Safe landing @ Lukla (Tenzing-Hillary Airport) - 2860m height.

Great and high mountains are near! :D

Runway @ Lukla.

On our first day we walk from Lukla towards Phakding which lies a bit lower then Lukla. The area was really nice, green and rural

Little village

Nice valley!

Look good around and above you and icy peak are near! :cool:

A bigger village along our route.

Holy mani rocks; always pass left!

After getting to our lodge in Phakding we had a little extra walk upon a ridge so we walk a couple of hundred meters highers then the height we sleep at. Thats better for getting used to the height during this whole trip.

Agriculture @ almost 3000m.

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Day 2 hike: Phakding - Namche Bazaar

This second day we allready made a lot of heighmeters since Namce lies at and altitude of over 3400m. Also on the program a lot of suspension bridges; including one very, very high one!

The first suspensionbridge just outside Phakding.

Lot of valleys means also a lot of see trough's.

Majestic Himalaya peaks!

But our direct surroundings is still very green!

Suspensionbridge yet again.

We needed that one to cross the river and getting up high..

First glance of the very high suspension bridge (the upper one ;) )we need to cross towards Namche. :eek:mg:

Nice views on the bridge, although windy ;)

Since there was a lot of wind this porter had a hard job crossing the bridge. He needed help of and extra porter!

After the suspensionbridge we still needed to gain around 400m up!

Close to Namche Bazaar.

Namche is the biggest village of the Khumbu region.

Buddha eyes

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Day 3 hike: Acclimatise day in Namche Bazaar

At the end of this day we sleep for the 2nd night in Namche. We do this so we get better used to being this high.

Early morning sight over Namche.

Walking a bit around the lodge by myself.

Views over Namche.

New statue of Tenzing Norgay

Nice clouds over high mountains peaks (Lhotse)

Ama Dablam (6812m)

Big mountains!

Everest kept stubborn and didn't show herself! ;)

Namche from above.

Zoom of the top of the beautifull Ama Dablam.

Icy worlds

Bird

Views towards "Lukla".

Awesome views!

Nice the clouds halfway along the mountain.

During our hike we have seen lots of yak or mule trains and also a lot of porters. What these people carry a LOT of stuff....like this man with those 4 wooden beams...:eek:mg:

High above Namche.

Its market day in Namche.

Beautifull location.

The day after we go towards the little village of Phortse Thanga at the beginning of the Gokyo valley.

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Day 4 hike Namche Bazaar – Phortse Thanga

On the fourth day we walked to the little village of Phortse Thanga at the beginning of the Gokyo valley.

Contrast :)

A wider view from the pic above.

Getting wildlife good on a photo was a challenge...

From where we came...?

Finally the top of Mount Everest (Sagarmatha/Chomolungma) showed herself! :cool:

Beatifull valleys.

View on a less green landscape.

Which direction we should go?? Let go to the right and uphill!:D

A nepale stairs with on the background Thamserku (6623m)

The top of the Thamserku.

We can see our lunchstop on top of the little hill!

Enjoying lunch with superb views! (this pic was made by a fellow traveller in the group) :cool:

Grey and White.

Red – White – Blue ;) :D

That deserves a panorama! :cool:

Glacier world.

We are beying watched! ;)

Looking down while descending.

Not all trees are green..

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Day 5 hike: Phortse Thanga - Dole

Day 5 hike: Phortse Thanga - Dole

On the fifth day of the hike we go to the first place were we sleep above 4000m during this trip. The few lodges form Dole, which lies at 4050m altitude.
In liek 3 hours we were allreaday there, so in the afternoon plenty of time for some extra climbs and getting high above Dole!

Waking up in the morning with these kind of views aint that bad ;)

The whole morning is going up and down (Nepalese flat). The river Dudh Koshi/ Milk Koshi) we can see the whole time. Its origin lies at the Ngozumpa glacier which is connected to the Cho Oyo.

Trees are rare....

Clouds and lots of wind up there at 8200m.

Views at our lodge in Dole.

Dole lies below that hill behind it, which we will climb in the afternoon.

Mighty mountains.

We are at the 'top' of the first afternoon climb.

Down below you see Dole again. At the other side you can see a trail along the mountains. This is the trail you need to walk to get back to the Khumbu valley if the Cho La Pass is closed. Glad we didn't need it during our trip! :D

We still need to get a bit higher.

Those clouds form nice see troughs.

At the top we can see in an other valley behind Dole.

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Day 6 hike: Dole - Maccherma

Day 6 hike: Dole - Maccherma

Day 6 wasn't too long concerning the amount of hours walking. Around three hours after our start we were allready in Maccherma which lies at a height of 4470m.
In this little villages there is also a hospital with the main focus on the porters and guides. But offcourse you can also give it a visit as a tourist when you think you have some issues (like AMS; Acute Mountain Sickness).
In the afternoon they also keep a reading around the several types of altitude sickness etc. Knowledge is always handy and since this time I will go above 5000m (In Peru I had been till 4900m) lets go there!

Mother Nature was our wake up call every morning. You woke up thanks to the sun! :)

Mountains behind the lodge in Dole early morning.

Litlle by little that 8000+ mountains keeps get closer! ;)

Up and down towards our destination.

Fantastic mountain peaks..

Finally good in view; the sixth heigest mountain of the world'; Cho Oyu (8201m).

Tough mountain!

If you do see trees they are well below you!

Up and down and sometime cross some little streams.

360 around you, the views are just awesome!

Almost at our destination. Maccherma you can see somewhat below us.

Snowy peaks

Don't forget, pass the Mani stones on the left!

View at the valley behind Maccherma.

Before we actually could get to our lodge we had to wait at the bridge. They were making a Bollywood movie! We people wait, but some yaks didn't! That was really funny! :D

Enjoy!! :cool:

At our lodge!

At some mountainpeaks there is 'some ice' ;) :D

On my way to the hospital for the reading the afternoonclouds were rolling in again!

At the rightside you can see a part of the hospital and further on the morainefield of the former glacier.

BRRRRRRRR ;)

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Day 7: On our way to Gokyo! part1

Day 7: On our way to Gokyo! part1

Our hike went on the 7th day we went to the "endpoint" in the first valley; the little place called Gokyo (4750m).
This day was really fantastic so I divided this day into 2 post. :D
Steadily we went higher and higher along 3 lakes. At the third lake lies Gokyo.
In the afternoon (after lunch) we went toward the 36km long Ngozumpa glacier for some cool views!! :cool: (but thats part 2 of this day :D)

Early awake and again great weather!

We need to go up pretty steep along that grey moraine field. Pffff :D

Beautifull mountain peak.

:cool:

We keep on going so almost at the top.

We cross the little river on a very simple wooden bridge.

Right behind that is the first Gokyo lake. Not so big but very clear water indeed!

And we go on towards the second lake.

The colour of the lake is a cool contrast with the white snow! :cool:

Just lovely views around this lake.

Lets zoom in. In the valley below the clouds are allready coming again!

Finally we arrive at the third Gokyo Lake, which is pretty big! Again great colour of the water! :cool:

Kind of memorial with the Cho Oyu well in view, just before we arrive at Gokyo.

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Day 7: On our way to Gokyo! (part 2)

Day 7: On our way to Gokyo! (part 2)

We are near the third lake which lies at an altitude of 4734m above sealevel! ITs also 43m deep and 43ha big..

Blue and white

After this we arrived at our lodge in Gokyo so it was first time for a good lunch and relax a bit. But after that its going up again! For some very impressive views over the Ngozumpa glacier.

Just stunning views!! :cool: :eek:mg: :banana:

Let zoom in at a world of ice, snow, rocks and water.

What a place!!

Water has different colours in the glacier.

Ok, a pic of me actually with the glacier! :)

Big parts of this mighty Ngozumpa glacier are grey coloured.

View back towards Gokyo, below at the lake. On the right side of this pic you can see a small portion of the Gokyo Ri.
Close to the lake you can see a path. That path eventually goes up the Renjo La pass (5414m).

On of my favorite pics of the whole trip, the top of the Cholatse (6440m) surrounded with clouds!! :cool: :cool:

Some fellow travellers walk a bit further along the ridge to get some better views of the soouth icy side of the Cho Oyu, Ngozumpa Kang (7743m) and the Gyachung Kang (7.952m).

Lets zoom in at the glacier.

Just superb that ice! :cool:

Next part we finally go up that mountain, the Gokyo Ri for the best views of my life!! :banana:

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
^^ Yupp went back! :cool: :banana:
I actually book this trip allready 2 weeks after returning from Annapurna Base Camp. :D.
That hike went so good and was allready beautifull and mindblowing that I just knew I wanna go back and see Everest! So i did! :cool:
The Himalayas are just so interesting and beautifull.

And yes its nice to see normal roades in Kathmandu! :)

Now Nepal will have to wait some years because I want to visit other interesting countires too! :) ;)
But I will return!! (annapurna circuit or maybe go to Makala Base Camp, Mustang area....so much to choose from with interesting trails! :)

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Day 8 – Ascend of the Gokyo Ri (5357m)

Day 8 – Ascend of the Gokyo Ri (5357m)

This day it was getting up reasonable early because one of the highlights of this trip was on the program!.
We are going up the Gokyo Ri (5357m high!) for some stunning views of the landscape we are walking in! :cool:
After a good breakfast we are on our way.
First crossing a little river coming from the fourth Gokyo lake. This early morning parts of it are still frozen and we have to cross it to get to the mountain!
The climb up is from the beginning allready quite steap. I was up the mountain in under 3 hours which surprised me because I also had a bad cold...
Anyway it doesn't matter how long you take as long as you get there, because those views.....Epic!!! :cool: :banana:

We are some time allreaday climbing while looking down on Gokyo at the lake and the glacier behind the village.

The view a bit more to the right.

Ehhmmm we still need to go a big part up the mountain!! :D

3x 8000m+ mountains in one picture: Everest, Lothse and Manaslu.

A bit higher up Gokyo Ri you can get those mountain peaks better in view. first one offcourse our highest mountain, Mount Everest (8850m)

Lhotse, 4th heighest with 8516m and just before that the wide ridge/top of the Nuptse (7879m).

Fifth heighest of the world; Makalu with 8475m.

Alsmost on top of gokyo ri my altimeter gave this height:

Superb views offcourse!! :cool:

PANORAMA time, from this point almost all 4 8000+ mountains in the picture... These kind of views make the whole trip worth while!!! :cool: :cool: :banana: :cheers:

PANO from the other side view at the top of Gokyo Ri.

Cholatse and Taboche (6542m)

Views back towards the Rolwaling Himal. Heighest mountain in the back is the Tengi Ragi Tau (6942m)

Area directly behind the summit of Gokyo Ri.

What a world!!

Highest peaks in view are the Kangtega (6779m) and Thamserku.

The Gyachung Kang (7952m) under the flags. At the right of this mountain you can alos see the Hungchi (7036m) and Kangchung West.

Lets zoooom in towards the glacier with its ice and rocks.

The little houses down below in Gokyo.

Guess who? :D

The summit of the Taboche (6542m)

How many mountains.....

Everest full view!! What a mountain! :cool: :banana:

On snowy mountain slopes view towards the Cho Oyu and Gyachung Kang

Its time to go down again.

Helicopter and the mountain. During our trip we saw lots of the flying around. Mainly for getting tourist down back because of illness/injuries.

Final part in view. Helicopter land in the circle you can recognize near the town itself.

Down at the lake with view towards the lodges of Gokyo.

A view back towards the mountain Gokyo Ri.

Rest of the day was first having a good lunch and after that RELAX time! Some sun, a drink, reading a book and chat with the fellow trekkers!

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Day 9 – crossing the Ngozumpa glacier

Day 9 – crossing the Ngozumpa glacier towards Thagna (Dragnag)

After the really fantasic but heavy climb of the Gokyo Ri, today we are taking our first stept towards the Khumbu valley. First thing in our way is the Ngozumpa glacier which we are going to cross todat.
Glad we are at the end of the season so we can easily find our way.
We end at the lodge in Thangna/Dragnag. Also nice that this day isn't to long, since the day after this one is a long one again because we going over the Cho La pass then.

View back towards Gokyo and Cho Oyu.

Little people between als that ice, snow, rocks and sand.

First step on the glacier.

In the middle of the glacier. :cool:

Sometimes you have to wait untill people going the opposite direction have passed. :)

"Wasteland"

Well frozen part of the glacier.

Brrrrrr ;)

At the end we have to go up again for getting out of the glacier.

Superb views.

At the top end of the ridge at the glacier.

Almost at our lodge in Thangna.

Area around the lodge.

As said the day after we are going to cross the Cho La Pass. It was really great weather so no worries for us that we needed to go around the mountains.
It was really one of the best days of the trekking!

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Day 10 – Crossing the Cho La Pas towards Dzongla

Day 10 – Crossing the Cho La Pas towards Dzongla

After a relative easy day 9 we were in for yet another hard and long day. Today we are going to cross the Cho La Pass (5420m) so we finally go into the Khumbu valley.
Our destination for today is the tiny place of Dzongla (4860m).
Since its a day of 9 till 10 hours walk (including little eat and drink stops) we start early.

A view back towards were we came from.

And looking forward for the part we still need to walk and climb.

This first 'high' point was a ridge over 5100m. We got our first sight on the Cho La Pass.
We still needed to first go down and cross some more moraines of old glaciers, which included sometime huge boulders to climb over.

View at the Cho La Pass, it lies between the two tallest mountains peaks in the front. Sort of below the "low" mountain in the background.

Just don't forget on these highpoints to take in your surroundings!! :cool: You almost forget that you are tired! ;)

Lets zoom in to some fellow travelers going up the pass.

Really nice those stones..... :D

We are here well above 5000m(!!) and this little bird was enjoying the sun! :)

The pass is pretty steep!

Gray - White - Brown.

Finally we are at the last part of the climb of the Cho La Pass.
this climb started first with gravel/sand path after that stones kept getting larger and larger. But this final part had something to enjoy for us ;) ICE!!

Last, steep and icy part.

But on top you get these rewards. Just stunning views!! :cool: we see the Nuptse and Lobuche Peak East and Lobuche Peak West.

After the climb and passing the top of the Cho La Pass we need to go down at the other side. We will do this walking over this beautifull white and snowtopped glacier. :cool:

View at the glacier.

White world and view of the Baruntse (7152m) and our way down.

Me @ Cho La glacier.

After a not to long walk on the glacier we reach the end of the current glacier.

Shorty after that we go around the corner before getting down allong huge boulders, but oh boy.....

This panorama awaits you !!!! :eek:mg: :cool: :banana: (still give me goose bumps everytime I see this pic!)
The heighest mountain on the right side is the Cholatse and connected to it is the Taboche.
The other tall mountain is the mighty and beautifull Ama Dablam.

Cholatse Zoom.

Ama Dablam :cool:

The impressive rock-face of the Lobuche East and West peak.

Looking back.

Our lodge in Dzongla.

Sun is going down....

My favorite mountain; Ama Dablam. Clouds were setting in rapidly so need to go back to the lodge for hot cup of tea and a well deserved dinner!

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Day 11 – Dzongla to Lobuche

Day 11 – Dzongla to Lobuche

Day eleven was a relaxed day walking after the long and hard day over the Cho La Pass.
We are on our way towards the second highest sleeping spot of our trip; Lobuche (4930m).

Cholatse on the right and the Taboche peak on the leftside.

Byebye Dzongla!

Scharp peak en ridges on the Ama Dablam.

Taboche

View on the valley with across from it the Ama Dablam. The bright green water of the Tshola Tso glacierlake.

Wider view on the lake.

After a while on nepalese flat we finally see the front part of the Khumbu glacier with some mountains. The high peak on the left is the Pumori (7161m), the 2 "lower ones on the right from Pumori are if I am correct the Khumbutse and Changtse.
The high and wide mountain on the right is Nuptse.

Pumori zoom.

Very impressive Nuptse!! :cool: :eek:mg:

What a joy to walk in such surroundings!! :eek:kay:

Need to go down a bith and cross some water and stones to get on the 'highway' to EBC.

Spot the yak...;)

Arriving at Lobuche.

Day 12 will be a long one yet again. First on our way to Gorakshep en lunch after that onwards to EBC and back to Gorakshep. The highest place we sleep at (5180m!!!)

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Day 12 - part 1 Lobuche - Gorakshep

Day 12 will be in 2 parts. So we first go to Gorakshep. After that in part 2 we go onwards to EBC! :D

A long day ahead so up early morning!

The start is slowy going up and up.

But from this point it steap going up again and after that it walking over lot of rocks from former glaciers.

Pfffff getting back my breath...so enjoying the views then!

Sometimes between all those rocks its taking a bit of time finding the right path!

But what a super surroundings!! :cool: :banana:

Lets zoom in a bit towards the lower part of the Khumbu icefall.

Rocks and ice! :cool:

Before arriving at Gorakshep we need to cross the front part of a glacier....so spot the ice! :D

Looking back and seeying a lot of people walking the EBC trail... :D :eek:mg:

The mighty west side of the Nuptse!! :cool:

After 3 hours of hard walking and working we can see the lodges at Gorakshep with the Pumori as backdrop. Time for some needed lunch and energy!! :)

The entrance of our lodge. The highest place we sleep at (at the end of the day...) (5180m hoogte!!)

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Day 12(b) Gorakshep – Everest Base Camp - Gorakshep

After our lunch in the lodge at Gorakshep its onwards again towards of the main targets of this trip; Everest Base Camp.
Since we are here in november you won't find any tent camps of expeditions.
the location of the new Base Camp is more a spot of lots of flags and stuff and is located on the cracking and moving Khumbu glacier.

When finally arriving there after a hard walk it still was a special place. A place to reflect live itself!

Wonderfull Nuptse

All the time you walk on and along the edge of the Khumbu glacier.

Mighty blue ice! :cool:

And lots and lots of rocks in all kind of shapes and sizes.
Oh and spot the people at EBC ;) :D !!!!

Sometimes very though area to walk, from Gorakshep its all well over 5000m all day long! Hard days work I must say!

Beautifull blue skies and awesome mountains.

Still enjoying every second of it!! :D :cool:

A bit of 'downhill'' and after that it on the Khumbu glacier towards EBC.

The lower part of the Khumbu icefall is better to see. Its size and shapes are mindblowing! So huge! Size of houses....

The glacier here also looks like a lot of ice, ice, rocks and some water.

Such great surroundings. The Khumbu icefall goes in front op the pyramid shap mountain and goes up the mountains..

this part of the trip was very, very hard for me, but after 3,5hour of walking we arrived at “Everest Base Camp”. :cool: :eek:kay: Very proud of myself!

After 45minutes of rest, eating and talking with some fellow travellers it was time to go back towards Gorakshep, which took us around 3 hours.

Pumori and rocks..

The sun is setting allready so one more great view at the Nuptse. :cool:

Next day we walk a lot of miles, from Gorakshep along Lobuche all the way 'down' the valley towards Dingboche.

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Day 13 Gorakshep – Dingboche

Day 13 Gorakshep – Dingboche

The day after you could also climb the Kala Pattar (5545m).
But that 12th day for me was really hard so I listened to my body and skipped that hike up the mountain (like 4 others of our group also did).
Getting out of bed on time, have some nice tea and when everybody was back down had a nice breakfast.
After breakfast I was a long walk down the Khumbu valley from Gorakshep passing Lobuche and at the end arriving at Dingboche.
Dingboche lies beautifull below the Ama Dablam and is located at the beginning of the valley you need to go trough for Island Peak or doing the 3 passes (Kongma La, Cho La and Renjo La)

The rocks are sometimes very huge indeed.

:cool:

Blackbird

Panorama of our pretty empty EBC highway ;)

We are almost at Lobuche, but we keep on walking!

Crossing lots of stones to walk further on the EBC route (downhill).

Across we can see where we walked on day 11 ;)

Fearce landscape can be very beautifull !! :cool:

A bit later during the walk we arrive at a ridge with lots of memorials of climbers who sadly passed away on the mountain(s).
This one is for Scott Fisher who died on Everest during the tradigy of 1996; 8 people died on the mountain on 10 and 11 may.

Lunchspot is very close, but still need to go steep downhill to get there!

Crossing a little river after lunch.

After that is sort of Nepalese flat in a bit of rural area (little sort of houses and areas to keep cattle.

Across we look into the valley from which we came after crossing the Cho La Pass.

Ama Dablam is always in view that afternoon.

Near Dingboche…

Dingboche down in the valley. Lhotse is party behind the big cloud.

Ama Dablam (left) :cool: and other mountain peak (6195m) in front of it. :cool:

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Day 14 Dingboche - Tengboche

Day 14 Dingboche - Tengboche

O day 14 we are still on the move, since Lukla isn't around the corner ;)
Today we go from Dingboche towards Tengboche. That is still situated over 3800 high, but is well known because of the monastery

Today its a walk that way...all the time :D

A very nice route today.

Wide valley.

Its gettting greener/more vegatation again in this area we walk in. sometime because of the bushes the path are very narrow! ;)

Lets make some room for the yak train.

On the lowest green ridge you can see some buildings; our target Tengboche.

Stupa and mighty high mountains!

Before the last steep climb in the woods towards Tengboche we first need to cross a river.

Monastery of Tengboche, original from 1919, but burned down in 1989. After that its rebuilt again and its the biggest one in the region.

In the afternoon we visit the monastery and attend a praying ceremony.

Looking back from the stairs at the monastery. The building with green roof is our lodge.

Great view with Everest (just above Nuptse), Lhotse and Ama Dablam. Can I build my summerhouse here!? :cool:

At the inner courtyard of the monastery.

Colourfull building!

Flag.

After the ceremony our whole group goes to the local bakery for some delicious cake and pie and a good coffee also! (or tea) :)

·
visit the world
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Day 15 Tengboche – Namche Bazaar

Day 15 Tengboche – Namche Bazaar

Just a couple of walking days to go and the superb hiking holiday is sadly over.. :(
But we still need to make some miles to get back in Lukla. On this day we go back to a place we allreaday know: Namche Bazaar.
This time we can really relax, shop and drink a bit ;) :cheers: and going to bed late :D !!
the first part is still a new route for us, until we arrive at the sign from photo 77 (!!)
First part is pretty tricky because of a steep descent in the forrest. Narrow paths, loose gravel and sand and offcourse the roots of the trees.
After crossing a suspension bridge it going up again till the sign. After that we 'know the route' :D.

There on the other side, we will be walking later.

Getting to the other side we need to, after the descend, cross a river.

Suspension bridge.

And then we know offcourse...after descend we need to go up yet again! :D

Beautifull mani stones, in the forrest with nice light and shadows. :cool:

After the highpoint of the trip we come trough some little villages. The people here dry the Yak poop in the sun. Good fuel!

Helicopter on its way to Lukla? (or maybe even further....?) and the silhouet of Ama Dablam.

A well know shape.

The route after this is partly trough forrest and partly open paths. With the good weather that was really nice to walk along. :)

Back on the "old route" on our way for a needed teastop! :cheers:

A look back into the valley.

Always nice to take a picture: blue skies, mountains and the colourfull praying flags.

It was pretty quiet en route.

Oops and how we are gonna pass the road block!?! :D ;)

Back at Namche.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts