SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Durbar Square, Patan

Patan (Sanskrit:पाटन, Nepal Bhasa:यल, Yala), officially Lalitpur Sub-Metropolitan City, is one of the major cities of Nepal.
The Durbar Square is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was just talking to a Nepalese waiter yesterday night in BKK I thought he was Burmese at the beginning lol I want to go see temples in Nepal, Hindu and Vajrayanist alike.

·
Registered
11,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Durbar Square, Kathmandu

Kathmandu (Nepali: काठमांडौ) is the capital and the largest metropolitan city of Nepal. Kathmandu is situated in the heart of the Himalaya mountains and has a rich history. Considered by many to be among the most beautiful cities in the world, the earliest known inscription in the Kathmandu Valley is dated 185 AD. The oldest firmly dated building in the earthquake-prone valley is almost 1,992 years old.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Cool. You can start one on Burma then. Its got a lot of beautiful places too.
I already started a Burma thread :( You can continue from there!!!

·
Banned
2,627 Posts
i love nepal! it has sooo much natural beauty and so many different ethnicities and traditions.. one of my best friends is from kathmandu. he tells me stories about gurkhas and the king of nepal.. i didnt know the king of nepal was called shah until he told me!!! i just hope they draft a new constitution soon and become a stable himalayan state... :cheers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts