SkyscraperCity banner

121 - 140 of 1210 Posts

·
Custom User Title.
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
It is nothing special imo, comparable to other stadiums in the Netherlands of this size. Like de Goffert, Rat Verlegh, Willem II, Sparta, etc.
The roof is magnificent though.

·
×××
867 Posts
Other, smaller, new stadiums:

ADO Den Haag
now: 11.000
new: 15.000

FC Zwolle
now: 7.000
new: 10.000

FC Dordrecht
now: 4.000
new: 6.000

And an interesting study about an Rotterdam arena, meant for Sparta and Excelsior.

Het OBR (Ontwikkelingsbedrijf Rotterdam) nodigde vier partijen uit om een plan te maken voor een multifunctioneel, overdekt stadion in Rotterdam. Het
programma van eisen was tegelijkertijd complex en summier.

Het stadion zou geschikt moeten zijn voor gebruik door de voetbalclubs Sparta en Excelsior, die op dat moment allebei behoefte hadden aan nieuwe huisvesting. Het voetballen vereist plaats voor 11.000 toeschouwers. De overige geplande activiteiten, topsport, evenementen en popconcerten, vragen om maximaal de helft van dat aantal zitplaatsen. De ontwerpteams werd gevraagd suggesties te doen voor andere aanvullende activiteiten en voor een mogelijke locatie voor het stadion.

Tezamen met opdrachtgever HBM is een gebouw ontwikkeld met een heldere opzet en een grasmat die naar buiten kan worden geschoven. Het stadion kan binnen een dagdeel worden aangepast voor een andere functie, zoals topsport, een culturele of zakelijke activiteit. De circulatie is zodanig ontworpen, dat alle verschillende gebruikers eenvoudig hun weg door het gebouw kunnen vinden. De ligging van restaurants en overige ruimten voor nevenfuncties zijn strategisch aan de verkeersruimte gelegd. Het publiek komt binnen via een breed opgezette, U-vormige promenade, met uitzicht over de gehele hal en zicht naar buiten. Bezoekers kunnen zich goed oriënteren en hebben vanuit de promenade toegang tot de tribunes. De tribunes zijn georganiseerd in twee boven elkaar gelegen lagen aan de lange zijden van de hal, één onder en één boven de promenade.

De draagconstructie bestaat uit driepotige kolommen waartussen ruimtelijke spanten zijn gehangen, die met tuien worden afgespannen. De kolommen dragen tevens de vaste delen van de tribunes. Een deel van de dakconstructie boven het veld is van gecoat en gewapend, translucent kunststofdoek. Activiteiten die overdag plaatsvinden, zullen door natuurlijk daglicht worden verlicht. Het kunststofdoek wordt tussen een aantal ruimtelijke vakwerkliggers gespannen, die in de langsrichting door een loopbrug met elkaar verbonden zijn. De ruimtelijke liggers zijn daardoor ook eenvoudig toegankelijk en kunnen gebruikt worden voor het ophangen van attributen voor diverse voorstellingen, c.q. activiteiten.

Het ontwerp is onafhankelijk van een specifieke locatie ontworpen, maar de Rotterdamse Müllerpier nabij de Euromast genoot de sterke voorkeur van het bureau als locatie voor het stadion.
In short; meant for Sparta and Excelsior, 11.000 seats, retractable field. But it was a study, nothing more unfortunately.

·
Registered Abuser
4,584 Posts
It became irrelevant when both Sparta and Excelsior decided to redevelop their own ground. I'm happy they did because Het Kasteel's classic facade is really cool.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow I like all these stadiums but there are exceptions. The Phillips stadium is not that nice but I understand because the club does not have enough money to renivate it. When they do get the money they should renivate the outside with some nice glass or somthing lol. and also the De Kuip stadium I am sorry to stay it really ugly I mean the bottem seats arnt even part of the stadium they are just set up like for some high school soccer match I mean thats just not right they shoudl fill in the seats yup yup they should.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would disagree. Being an expatriate Brit in UAE and subscribing to ART sports channels whenever Moroccan football is on I always turn off. It is terrible. The state of the pitches cannot help. I prefer watching the Saudi games as at least the stadia are full and there is a good atmosphere.

Saying that the images of the proposed stadia look fantastic...especially Marakesh

flares

·
Registered
475 Posts
carfentanyl said:
^ That wasn't the issue here, and besides our view on what a great stadium is differs a lot.

I personally think De Kuip is better than or at least equal to those three, because

A. It's football history since 1937
B. It's not an arena with a retractable roof
C. The view on the pitch is excellent from any position
D. It has great acoustics
E. It's situated right in the city and not in some lonely suburb
F. It's a real football stadium
G. Even more reasons

Sure Allianz is large and spectacular, but so grey from the inside, and I don't care much for the outside too. It doesn't look like a stadium. Then I do like Bernabeu or San Siro a lot better. Arena auf Schalke is a less spectacular copy of the Amsterdam Arena. Westfalen, still, in my opinion ugly from the inside, plain from the outside. Nothing special, except size. I have to admit that I really do like the AOL Arena. That one comes close, it only misses the history.

The UEFA probably share my opinion in a way, considering De Kuip has hosted the most UEFA finals in history. They had a total of 10. Last one being 2002 in which Feyenoord beat Dortmund!

well, it's quite ugly from the outside, the roof isn't great and the way they've just put some seats (which look temporary) under the bottom tier, looks clumsy, so there you go

·
Endorsed by the NRA
23,731 Posts
The UEFA probably share my opinion in a way, considering De Kuip has hosted the most UEFA finals in history. They had a total of 10. Last one being 2002 in which Feyenoord beat Dortmund!
Which isn't really surprising, considering that when the stadium was opened, Hitler was still Chancellor of Germany.

It's a great place nonetheless. It's certainly better than the Westfalenstadion and the Veltins Arena but I think the Allianz Arena has pretty much set the bar for all new and old stadia. You're close to the pitch and it's an architectural jewel.

·
Banned
170 Posts
MoreOrLess said:
I'v always wondered, why was De Kuip used for the euro 2000 final rather than the Amsterdam ArenA?
because it creates a better atmosphere, has more tradition, and is a better overall stadium design than ajax

·
Endorsed by the NRA
23,731 Posts
flares said:
I would disagree. Being an expatriate Brit in UAE and subscribing to ART sports channels whenever Moroccan football is on I always turn off. It is terrible. The state of the pitches cannot help. I prefer watching the Saudi games as at least the stadia are full and there is a good atmosphere.

Saying that the images of the proposed stadia look fantastic...especially Marakesh

flares
You dug up a thread that was over a year old to make that comment?

·
Endorsed by the NRA
23,731 Posts
The Phillips stadium is not that nice but I understand because the club does not have enough money to renivate it.
Considering that Philips is behind it, I'd say the club has more than enough money.

Anyway, the floodlights are going up in Alkmaar

Seats are being installed as well

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Looking great! what will the cap. be as there was alot of sounds of extending it to 17.000-23.000-30.000 or god knows what.
Do you have any idea?

·
Registered Abuser
4,584 Posts
Kampflamm said:
Considering that Philips is behind it, I'd say the club has more than enough money.
PSV and Philips have a pretty normal sponsor relationship nowadays. Philips doesn't own PSV but it does help them out every now and then (but certainly not with extra millions of dollars a year). PSV do have money problems at the moment and might be forced to sell their stadium.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Allright then, that's allready about 4.000 more the originaly. Do you know where those seats were installed? I presume on the long sides, The reality should be different now with the drawings or not? Thanks for the info anyway!

121 - 140 of 1210 Posts