Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Ahh... palaces of the masses

^ That one looks strikingly modern... if the face was glass it could be mistaken for a proposal today

·
Registered
219 Posts
TeLaVivi, This is one of the best threads EVER released on SSC.
If you have some more meterial such as this one. I'm in [email protected]
And i'm in Tel-Aviv right now aswell.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
These buildings are about as hilarious as they are insane. This was all during Stalin's rule. I'm sure that most of these "architects" were killed in one of his massive purges.

The Aeroflot building would actually look kind of interesting. But the Defence building is an enourmous monstrosity!

·
William
268 Posts
The Aeroflot bldg is somewhat similar to the Russian White House (the one that was shelled during the coup against Yeltsin and repaired by Turkish contractors)

·
Vivat capitalismus
5,330 Posts
Magnificient ...somehow insane but remember they date back to the 30s,and i think those Commie architects have already known that some plans were just vision/fantasy ideas,and they apparently didn't come up with that.
The 'House of Books' has a very prominent design,too.

·
Имперск&
4,405 Posts
Ivan Leonidov's proposal for Ministry of Heavy Industry (1929-30). It was to be situated at the same parsel as the Vesniny's project shown above.

It is often called a mother of all modern 'box' scrapers:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
incredible buildings!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
excellent thread tel aviv!

a lot of those are pretty damn impressive - my favourites are Palace of Soviets (naturally), the Aeroflot building, and the Defence Commissariat

they should build those!!

·
ubahnista
4,626 Posts
That s really one of the best threads ever, i d rather have this buildings than skyscrapers (except the first one, where instead of stalin can be another figure, and only when it s all is neutral, so non-communist)

·
re re re ra ra ra
4,737 Posts
Wow, some of those buildings are incredible!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts