SkyscraperCity Forum banner

#NEVER BUILT: FASHION HOTEL, 30F Hotel

6645 Views 29 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  lucylui
The world's first Fashion Hotel, branded by Fashion TV and owned by the Al Habtoor Group, to be built in Dubai

20 May 2011

Fashion TV signs agreement with the Al Habtoor Group to build in Dubai the world's first Fashion Hotel.

Fashion TV, this week at the Cannes Film Festival, announced plans, in collaboration with the Al Habtoor Group, to launch the world's first ever Fashion Hotel, in Dubai.

On Friday May 20, Michel Adam, President of Fashion TV global network, signed an agreement with Mohammed Al Habtoor, Vice Chairman and CEO of the Al Habtoor Group, to establish the hotel at the 'Most Liked Model Awards' ceremony at the Majestic Hotel in Cannes.

The unique five-star establishment, to be located in the heart of Dubai, will be owned and operated by the Al Habtoor Group.

It will have 30-storeys and the exterior will display a projection using the world's largest 100 metre LED screen, broadcasting the latest Fashion TV highlights, around the clock.

Its 200 rooms will be equipped with the most sophisticated climate control, lighting and audio-video technologies and will make extensive use of the latest 3D equipment. They have access too to Fashion TV's 30 channels, as well as the biggest Fashion DVD library in the world, offering 50,000 DVDs on the history of fashion.

With a wide variety of restaurants, bars, lounges, nightclubs, spas and cinemas, as well as fashion-themed rooms 'Fashion Hotel' promises to become the number one destination for fashion and beauty in the region.

"For years, we have wanted to create the ultimate fashion-themed hotel, aimed at providing Fashion TV viewers, models and businessmen and women with a memorable fashion experience," said Michel Adam, President of Fashion TV. "It's a great pleasure to sign an agreement with Mohammed Al Habtoor, to share this vision and make this fantastic, global project a reality. Hotel experiences will no longer be the same."

"It's an exceptional project and one which is likely to have a massive impact on Dubai, making it the future fashion capital of the world. The city will certainly never be the same again."

The Fashion Hotel looks set to be the first of many. The Al Habtoor Group and Fashion TV plan to make it the first of a chain of Fashion Hotels in key fashion locations around the world, each offering sophisticated accommodation in an elegant setting and providing the very best of service.

The hotels are likely to appeal, not only to the ever growing global fashion community, but to sophisticated urban professionals and tourists.

They will also be designed to cater for large-scale fashion industry and promotional events, as well as fashion shows, VIP parties, photo and movie shoots. They will be an ideal location in which to hold celebrity interviews, as well as a host of other social engagements.

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZAWYA20110520095121

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM3Q66w53k8&feature=channel_video_title

PDF file with info (approx. 18 mb) : http://www.ftv.com/images/docs/corporate/presentations/F HOTEL 14 march.pdf

Projected Completion Date: 2013
See less See more
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
this looks REALLY cool! I like the balck facade and diamond on top!

R
^^ Pretty cool, but where??? :dunno:

See less See more
Very elegant building. I would have loved for it to have more than 30 floors. The most exciting thing in my opinion is the huge 100 metre LED screen. I always wanted Dubai to have its own Times Square with a lot of visuals, this may be the beginning of that.

Would like to know the location. Architecturally it is a very impressive building and a great addition for Downtown Dubai.
I think the best location would be next to Burj Khalifa, and the Dubai Mall.

With the malls high end boutiques, the location could be Dubai's fashion district in a way.

I wonder if Dubai has an original Fashion Cafe, if not I guess we know now where it will be.
Here are some pics that are from the pdf...

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/phot...n-for-fashion-hotel-concept-401221.html?img=0

I am not sure why its saying 60F when the article clearly says 30F!

R
oh and this:

World's first fashion hotel to open in Dubai

United Arab Emirates: 21 minutes ago

Dubai will be the home of the world's first Fashion Hotel, with more to follow in key fashion cities around the world. French-based broadcaster Fashion TV said it has signed a deal with the UAE's Al Habtoor Group to build the five-star hotel. No specific details on location or opening dates were given.

http://www.ameinfo.com/265793.html

R
Interesting project. Sounds pretty cool alright. The 100m LED screen should be amazing!
^^ So one can say, that it does get 'PG Seal of Approval' :D
I see the retail arm of Fashion TV is to open the Middle East’s first ‘I love fashion’ store at Dubai Mall :)
Interesting that yet another hotel is planned.
Clearly, someone out there thinks there will be enough tourists/business people to fill it despite the recent heavy discounting of room rates that many existing hotels have had to make.
i bet it will be behind the Address hotel in Downtown Dubai. there still lots of vacant plots...
Edit.
World's First Fashion Hotel: FashionTV and Al Habtoor Group Celebrate Signing @ Cannes 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhAHdgiN2uo

Completion: 2013 :banana:
^^I'm more and more convinced that it will be his SZR facing Business Bay plot that was earmarked for the 100 level cone-shaped hotel, which was supposed to be the world's largest in terms of the number of rooms........
^^I'm more and more convinced that it will be his SZR facing Business Bay plot that was earmarked for the 100 level cone-shaped hotel, which was supposed to be the world's largest in terms of the number of rooms........
One things for sure Face If its really going to have a one hundred meter high screen they'll want to have it where its very visable to high traffic of people/cars.

It will most likely be first row some where on SZR, I still think it would be best beside Dubai Mall where people can see the screen while chilling in front of the lake, and fountains.
One things for sure Face If its really going to have a one hundred meter high screen they'll want to have it where its very visable to high traffic of people/cars.

It will most likely be first row some where on SZR, I still think it would be best beside Dubai Mall where people can see the screen while chilling in front of the lake, and fountains.
this does sound like a good idea...hopefully emaar wont block that view...however..dont u think if it is 30F then its too short for the first row facing SZR since all of those are in the 45-55F range...

R
this does sound like a good idea...hopefully emaar wont block that view...however..dont u think if it is 30F then its too short for the first row facing SZR since all of those are in the 45-55F range...

R
What's the point of having this building, with this huge screen if it's second, or third row some where. It defeats the purpose because the building in front of it would only see the screen from the back.

How many more plots are still available to build on around the Dubai Fountain, first row, and very visible ? It's the best location fashion wise, not to mention Burj Khalifa has the Armani Hotel.

Dubai needs a walking district, and this could help Burj Dubai develop even more towards the cultural part of the city. It would also be great if the Burj Dubai area had a long wide street to resemble the JBR Walk, but on a much grander scale, and bingo we have the one thing this city really needs. Enough developments centered around shopping malls. Throw in a park, or two, and whaaaaaala.

Who really wants to hang around a bunch of buildings next to high way ????
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.