Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guys liked the other new point tower then you are going to love this one! I dont have a render of the building yet, but the developer has sent me the one below. The building in the image is a new tower under construction in Philiadelphia, US. This new building the developers tells me is very similar in design to the Philly tower as they have the same architectural firm working on the Durban project.

Name: Findle Tower
Floors: 36
Height: ?
Use: Mixed Use (Residential, Commercial, Retail and Hotel)

9 500m2 Commercial
2 500m2 Retail
300 Room 4 star hotel
9 Penthouse units

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Love it!! You're a star for posting. Can't wait to see final renders of this one.

Durbs is becoming the glass and steel skyscraper capital of the country. Am feeling slightly less sad about losing San Raphael now, although that will still remain my favourite. Sob!

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
Mike if you know the developer, can you get details of the architects and heights possibly?
Nice find and soon the harbour will be ringed by towers.
I wonder if this will look over the point to the sea or over the harbour towards the city?

·
East Coast Massiv
16,652 Posts
Whoa! great find Mike! The points sky will never look the same again! With the few high rises that were allowed in the place, we really are getting stunners.

Agree with Brad, Findle aint a name that will make one turn heads, but if the tower looks anything like the rone in Phili then it will have people standing & drooling at it.

I think the towers will have views of both Harbour & Sea.

·
Explore
2,864 Posts
Excellent find!! Look forward to seeing more of this one!

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes giles the tower, like the others in the point, will have both harbour and sea views.

yeah not the worlds greatest name, BUT when you walking around a city u really dont care about the name of a tower, just what it looks like. If they keep the design similar to this one then i will be mighty happy. 2 glass towers and i am sure some more to come!

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
we want mast to start we want Moyeni to start we want the ICC hotels to start and the pine st tower, we want the Vic embankment towers to start
we want now!!!!!!!

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
Mike any news on those other towers?
could be cool haveing the revised list of Durban towers over 20 either proposed/approved or U/C
nudge nudge wink wink

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok will write it up now in the durbs thread, must be a load by now!

·
East Coast Massiv
16,652 Posts
we want mast to start we want Moyeni to start we want the ICC hotels to start and the pine st tower, we want the Vic embankment towers to start
we want now!!!!!!!
VIVA!

Got hold on the architects for my job, I acted like I dailed the wrong number & you know by the by, hows the design coming along.

The still busy with the re-design, no heights given, & then they going to submit it to the client for his approval. So still more to wait, but they said the Hotel could be ready before 2010, but the rest of the project will be after.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well i hope they are working speedy speedy! Cos it would look fantastic if we could have the 4 point towers up, grindrod, bay terrace, your one and the other ICC one! would truely redesign the look of the inner city skyline!

Any idea how many floors yours will be now tho? i know you cant height, but floors?? please? hehe.

All these glass towers will do alot to moderise the look of Durbs central

·
Afritect
4,402 Posts
woah! now this kickass ur a legend dysan my friend :banana: great find

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
commercial sales are underway and the hotel operator is likely to be golden tulip with a 4 star hotel.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts