SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(From PROPERTY WEEKLY, Issue 07, 18/05/2005)

KM Properties Aims For No. 2 Slot After Burj Dubai

World's second tallest tower could also be in Dubai's kitty

Manoj Nair
Editor
------------------------------------
After the Burj Dubai, Dubai is in line to have the world's second tallest tower as well. A new alliance between KM Properties and another local business group will construct a 140-storey structure that would lay claim to the No. 2 matle.

Details of the height of the proposed tower have not been revealed, nor the idendity of the local business group. What is known is that it will come up near Shaikh Zayed Road on Park Square, which, is a master development from K.M. Properties.

"There are many other competing tower developments in Dubai which are all aiming for the second tallest tower record," says Mohammed Haddad, Chief Executive Officer and Group Director of K.M. Properties. "The actual height of the tower will be finalised closer to the completion of the project."

This is the same strategy that Emaar is using for Burj Dubai as well. What is known is that it will eventually soar to over 700 metres, but the height will be finalised only as the project enters the home stretch. The Park Square project will cover 1.4 milion square feet. It represents one of the 20 add plots offered on 35-year concessions along the route of the planned Dubai Metro Rail project.

Apart from the one designed for it's own signature tower, K.M. Properties has been selling plots on the Park Square to private investors.

Eventually, the master development should see investments of DH14 billion, including cost of the land, plus those routed through it during the first phase itself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:runaway:

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
:eek:mg:

ouch....let me just grab my chair and have a seat again... i somehow fell out of it... my arm is aching ... ouch :lol:

post this in the world forum as a serious proposal and watch them people getting mad :D

right now i'm imagining burj dubai, business bay tower and km tower with the new gigantic skyline :D
don't forget about the 2 world's tallest hotels and a former world's tallest residential tower

and al burj only a few kilometres away :D

guys, we are now having 4 companies playing this "secret game"!
I HAAAAATE IIIIIIIIT :D

:eek:

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
6,181 Posts
something something GREAT BALLS OF FIREEEEEEHhhh....... !!!!

Altind_carnut , if this is your idea of a late aprils fools , you will be sorry.

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,971 Posts
still another huge tower !
Expected some thing like this from park square ! Great to know that its closer to happening.

·
Minneapolis
2,032 Posts
I'm confused, though. If this is a 1.4 million square foot office tower, how is it this tall? Aren't most buildings this large only around 50 storeys tall?

·
Mr Anti
714 Posts
this is HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,962 Posts
lol , dubai is going crazy now. seriously.
imagine how that skylnie will look like, that's all SZR area, don't forget that.
just crazy, i am sooo excited.
we could re open another dubai in 2015 vs NY thread lol.

This will just be the best skyline ever.
hope it will be approved soon, but that article sounds really seriously.
thanks altin...

·
Registered
149 Posts
OMG!!!! :runaway:
:eek2:

cant w8 2 c d renders... nothing will stop DUBAI right now claiming the d "WORLD'S NO.1 SKYSCRAPERCITY" title!!! :) 2-3 yrs time after d works in d marina, JLT, DIFC, park square, sheikh zayed road etc,,, imagine what this city will look like!!! hope dis 2nd WTB will materialize in d future.... :)

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
this site has unlimmed height restrictions and is in front of the new etisalat tower next to Zabeel park.
Bring on the mother of towers -AGAIN

·
Dr.Med. Tom Green
5,278 Posts
Krazy said:
Guys lets not get carried away, it will take a pretty long time for Dubai to claim to have the best skyline n all that other nonses.. u guys are forgetting Hong Kong and Singapore.
Singapore?
If i think about impressive skylines i think about New York.
New York is still the city with the most buildings over 200m.
And don`t forget Shanghai. The population of this city grows every year with the amount of the Dubai population.
But in some years Dubai will have not the largest skyline but the most impressive.

Okay to the topic. They should build it now. The Buisness Bay Tower should be build now, too.
Al Burj. There is no time to wait, let`s build it now :D

Nobody tell the high and in the end Burj Dubai will be the second tallest and KM tower the tallest because no one know the high of the other tower :D

Is this the area for the tower ?

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^ Yes the triangle is where the Park Square is located, therefore the tower will be somewhere in there.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts